Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Now my brain hurts.... cloud question

After hours of trying to figure out how to get a mp4 onto my fire (sucess!) I'm curious about books. I've downloaded es file explorer to access my dropbox. I was just wondering if I can use amazon cloud instead. Does anyone know how I can transfer books and videos from the cloud on to my Kindle fire? I only got it yesterday and am still learning.

Thanks!

Kat
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankgirl View Post
After hours of trying to figure out how to get a mp4 onto my fire (sucess!) I'm curious about books. I've downloaded es file explorer to access my dropbox. I was just wondering if I can use amazon cloud instead. Does anyone know how I can transfer books and videos from the cloud on to my Kindle fire? I only got it yesterday and am still learning.

Thanks!

Kat

You can for books but they will show up as docs so I don't recommend it. Dropbox is the best way. You can use the Dropbox app too if the ES File Explorer isn't working for you. I use both.

Books goes in the books folder and Videos go in the Videos folder you can use Dropbox app to add them one at a time or the Es File Explorer app will allow you to do multiple files at once. You can also use USB to drag and drop if all else fails.

On Videos (and other files like books) you can use LAN feature in ES File Explorer to transfer files as well this will save you from having to upload them for transfer. It will connect to your PC/MAC and you can copy files from your computer to your KF. Just make sure the folder is sharable on computer. I use my public folder for this.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert