Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Reading at Eating Table..?

How do you read your e-Reader at the eating table..ie Breakfast etc.. how do you prop-it up without holding it.. ?? what do you use and recommend? thanks in advance..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
How do you read your e-Reader at the eating table..ie Breakfast etc.. how do you prop-it up without holding it.. ?? what do you use and recommend? thanks in advance..
Doug
I lay it flat on the table to the left of my plate/bowl. I then read.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I have one of these bookholders for cookbooks, and use it to prop up the reader while eating.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I use this little gadget, it's perfect. http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-6-pack-...+clear+plastic
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Dino Martini
Dino Martini began at the beginning.

Device: K3 Wifi, K3 3G, K4S, NC, KPW Wifi
Every time I buy a Kindle for myself or someone else, I always include these wire stands - two for $5!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=appmatic-20
Dino Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
In a restaurant, I've been known to prop my NC up against that little ceramic box that holds packets of sugar and sweetener.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Doug
I wipe off the surface of the table to the left of my plate/bowl and just lay it flat there.

I am not allowed to read while eating when other people are at the table. Family rules.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=treadlightly;2255652]I have one of these bookholders for cookbooks, and use it to prop up the reader while eating.[/QUOTE
good creative idea..
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I use this little gadget, it's perfect. http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-6-pack-...+clear+plastic
another good idea.. but what about at McDonald's ? or going portable?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I hold it in one hand and use the other hand to get food/coffee to my mouth.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Martini View Post
Every time I buy a Kindle for myself or someone else, I always include these wire stands - two for $5!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=appmatic-20
I like.. and cheap..
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
In a restaurant, I've been known to prop my NC up against that little ceramic box that holds packets of sugar and sweetener.
That what I have been doing..
Old 10-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #13
MrDoug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I wipe off the surface of the table to the left of my plate/bowl and just lay it flat there.

I am not allowed to read while eating when other people are at the table. Family rules.
Good point of not reading at table, however my wife and I have shelved that rule.. unless the Grandkids are around..
Doug

Last edited by MrDoug; 10-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #14
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I use a miniature acrylic easel that I picked up at Pier One years ago to hold a 5x7 photo. It works great.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #15
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I'm never without my (prescription) sunglasses any more, and they make a good stand (if the lighting conditions warrant it - nook color = hard, shiny screen with lots of potential for glare).

It's rare that I have a meal with anyone less interesting than even a good book, but I normally eat alone.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote