Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle Touch
Watch Screensaver

I updated of Yifan Lu's customer screensaver and it shows a Date and Time instead of loaded image. The Kindle Touch sleeps for one minute in screensaver mode, awakes after that and refreshs a date and time. The main idea is to refresh a screen every minute and to save power. It is a demo, and i haven't tested it properly. It could be extended to have the alarm in KT.

waiting for comments...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KT.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	83205  
Attached Files
File Type: gz custom_screensaver.tar.gz (13.4 KB, 489 views)

Last edited by Ehhh; 02-29-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Thanks
A custom note under the time and ability to switch to the old screensaver version through Launcher would be awesome
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
miguelos
Enthusiast
miguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toys

Device: K3-3G, KT SO
I think after 24 hours (24 * 60 min = 1440 refreshes) the battery would be depleted anyway...
miguelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelos View Post
I think after 24 hours (24 * 60 min = 1440 refreshes) the battery would be depleted anyway...
an idea: a refresh per 10 min will decrease it to 24*6= 144 refreshes
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Ehhh
Connoisseur

i think, it will be better to develop a test and to check how many refreshes could be on full battery )))
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I think it should show time like "fuzzy clock" on KDE. It shows a less accurate time in plain english like "quater to five" and the likes
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #8
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelos View Post
It shouldn't. When I read I turn a page, say, each 15-20 seconds. And I think that I read for at least 40 hours from one charge. So it may live 3-4 days showing this "screensaver" I think.
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 AM   #9
Ehhh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
It shouldn't. When I read I turn a page, say, each 15-20 seconds. And I think that I read for at least 40 hours from one charge. So it may live 3-4 days showing this "screensaver" I think.
A very good and real information of KT
Old 03-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Is this available for Kindle Keyboard? I know this thread is old but still this is epic
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
noisy
noisy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Great idea!

Could you try prepare a version with calendar, which will change everyday?
noisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #12
Ehhh
Connoisseur

agree... calendar will work very well on Kindles.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Oh my gosh, it is absolutely what I am looking for! … almost.
Sadly I have to start with demands (or wishes if you will ) right away: There absolutely has to be a landscape mode. Next, the date has be removable or off-turnable in order for the clock to be full screen and thus as big as possible (my eyes are not that good and I would really like this). Lastly, if there is a date, then you must provide us with a way (for instance via a txt file) to set our languages labels for month and day names.

And about the discussion with battery life:
I searched the internet and came up with a Kindle Touch test, which said with a full charge the Kindle holds for about 45.000 page turns. Now we divide this through the number of minutes per day and get 45.000 / ( 60 * 24 ) = 31,25. O_O
So with a full charge, your kindle can be a clock for a full month!!! OK, let’s say a full page refresh only happens every 6 pages, but that still leaves 31,25 / 6 = 5,2 days. Though you could optimize the screensaver in various ways, like always only partial screen refresh, and have a configurable battery saving mode (for instance during night refreshing only takes place every 10 min. or so). Of course you also have to subtract the actual reading, but I think at least one week with a full charge should be no problem.
So what’s with the whining about battery life, everyone?
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Sounds like a great feature set.
Be sure to let us know when you have it ready for testing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Any source code?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote