Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Whatever happened with the FW upgrade/battery drain issue?

Seems to me there was a PPro FW upgrade in April or March (never clear if it was the same, or separate) that seemed to have battery drain problems, and peeps were reverting to Dec upgrade.

I had only done the FW burn when I charged my PPro and headed out on vacation. I ran onto the thread while searching for information on a screen problem that popped up the second day of vacation.

My PPro is due back from the hospital any day, so was wondering if I missed a post about it all being cleared up, or if the issue kinda disappeared because Robert ran off to get his knee fixed.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
If my memory serves me correctly the March Firmware was the new one with Coolreader 3, and was pulled due to some bugs (no TTS was one item missing) and then re-released in April, however that firmware had unresolved bugs, one of them being the battery drain issue (which to me seemed to happen from reading peoples posts when the reader was locked).

Now the April firmware was pulled and Robert recommended people having issues revert back to Dec firmware. Since then I have heard nothing. Bebook have a new firmware from July, and Eco Reader (the Australian reseller) has a firmware released from around that time too, so I'm not sure why there has been a hold up. Essentially Astak have not released a stable firmware update since Dec '09.

I have got hooked on CR3 so Lbook firmware has been my hero.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Okay. thanks. Sort of the feeling I was left with, but its been a couple weeks. I remember now the suspicion that something was perhaps suffering a little insomnia when the system was supposed to be standby.

I probably should look into this Coolreader thing, too.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Okay. thanks. Sort of the feeling I was left with, but its been a couple weeks. I remember now the suspicion that something was perhaps suffering a little insomnia when the system was supposed to be standby.

I probably should look into this Coolreader thing, too.
I have been using Lbook FW for months. Astak never had a resolution 2010 FW
AFAIK Dec 2009 was the last stable(ish) version.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote