Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
PLEASE URGENT HELP !

hi, my dr800s does not work anymore ..
it has discharged but it does not recharge.. and it's always off.. I don't think it's a reset issue cause I tried and it doesn't work..
I noticed if it can be useful that when in reset position the switch remains stuck..
while before it will try to go back in defaul position..
maybe the switch is broken ?
I still didn't try to install the new beta..

please help me as soon as possible..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Keep charging (the LED won't tell you that) for several hours, then flip to left.

If it remains in the left side, then it seems to be a mechanical problem. Try flip right manually.
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
Keep charging (the LED won't tell you that) for several hours, then flip to left.

If it remains in the left side, then it seems to be a mechanical problem. Try flip right manually.
no it remains stuck in the right side.. near the usb port..
any suggestion ?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
Repods,

you could try to remove the on/off slider, by lifting it with a small screwdriver. Be careful there, because it's likely to jump out...
Then, you will see a small bar inside the device, this is the actual switch. Use the screwdriver and check if you can move it to the left (the OFF/ON position) and that it moves back again by the internal spring.
Then check if you can move it to the right and it stays there (the LOCKED position).
Then put it back in the middle and put the slider back (with the OFF/ON sign to the left and the LOCKED sign to the right).

Now for starting up the device on a low battery:
connect the USB cable
hold the ON/OFF slider in the left position and hold it there for about 10 seconds... the device should turn on even on low battery
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
Repods,

you could try to remove the on/off slider, by lifting it with a small screwdriver. Be careful there, because it's likely to jump out...
Then, you will see a small bar inside the device, this is the actual switch. Use the screwdriver and check if you can move it to the left (the OFF/ON position) and that it moves back again by the internal spring.
Then check if you can move it to the right and it stays there (the LOCKED position).
Then put it back in the middle and put the slider back (with the OFF/ON sign to the left and the LOCKED sign to the right).

Now for starting up the device on a low battery:
connect the USB cable
hold the ON/OFF slider in the left position and hold it there for about 10 seconds... the device should turn on even on low battery
thank you for the reply, I'm going to try..
I want to add that the only thing that I did different this time
is that I put it to recharge placed vertically, like a book in a bookshelf I mean, instead of being placed on a table..
may this mean anything for the battery for example ?
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
mmm, I wouldn't charge the device like that... you might be putting a lot of mechanical force on the USB connector that way...
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #7
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
no it remains stuck in the right side.. near the usb port..
any suggestion ?
The right side is supposed to be "locked". Just pull it back out of the lock position.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
repods
Addict

WORKED ! THANKS A LOT !
I placed the switch to the left for about 15 seconds while connected to the charger, than to the right (and still it remained stuck), and the device started up.. but when in home flip bar was locked and don't navigate.. I realized that maybe I have to put the switch to the middle.. I did it and it worked normally..

in any case I think that something happened to the switch of the reader..
what do you think ?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
WORKED ! THANKS A LOT !
I placed the switch to the left for about 15 seconds while connected to the charger, than to the right (and still it remained stuck), and the device started up.. but when in home flip bar was locked and don't navigate.. I realized that maybe I have to put the switch to the middle.. I did it and it worked normally..

what do you think ?
Put some lubrication in the switch, if not working, get it replaced from BestBuy.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
WORKED ! THANKS A LOT !

what do you think ?
Maybe I'm confused, but why are you pushing the switch to the right? That's for locking the buttons (which is why your flip bar, etc, were locked. In order to turn the device on you push it to the left and then let it go (it will return to the center). You don't push it to the right at all unless you want to lock the buttons.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote