Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #16
denodan
Enthusiast
denodan doesn't litterdenodan doesn't litter

Device: iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
G'day Denodan,
Thanks mate for the reply. Very much appreciated.

Yeah, I think I'll go with the iGadgitz case.

Out of curiosity, have you seen the "official" iRiver one? I'd like to see it close-up before I'm sure, but from the photos on the internet, it looks like it's just a plastic sleeve, like a ring binder. For $58?!! But nowhere here has it in stock, only for special order, so I haven't been able to see for myself.

So, are you happy with your Story? I like the way it handles ePub files, but not Word documents. They seem pretty much unreadable, so I'm not sure what the point is of saying the device supports them.
Yeah happy with mine so far, looks good, nice clear screen. The offical one does look plastic, and is held shut by a rubber band, which is kind of silly. The iGadbitz one is much better and may also provide better protection.
denodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #17
yamasculia
yamasculia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi All,

I bought an official iriver case for my Girlfriend's iRiver, it is a bit like a plastic wallet. I am not especially impressed with it.

Were it given away free with the iRiver it would be adequate, it certainly is enough to keep the iriver protected fromdamage etc.

Given, however, that it's a paid for extra that you seem to have to scour the earth for it's not so hot.

Have not seen iGadgitz one though so cannot give a direct comparison.

Steve
yamasculia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #18
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks denodan, yamasculia,
I'm ordering the iGadgitz one from Amazon UK.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote