Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #46
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
From my own experiences, and those of others I would say this is par for the course. If you are ordering an in stock unit or otherwise doing business as usual with Bookeen they are fine. My initial order from the US went smoothly. No problems with purchasing or shipping.

Its when you want follow up service that things can get iffy. Especially if you have a new question, and they aren't sure what to do about it yet.

Unfortunately, I suspect they are somewhat small and almost all questions are 'new' questions.
Well, I may have to confirm your experience. I've sent an email to their support yesterday at 6 pm.
It was about not seeing the Micro SD card in ADE, only the internal memory.
So far, no response. Not even confirmation about having received the email.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Okay, very interested myself.
I've created an ePub edition of Down and Out In the Magic Kingdom with Fontin and Fontin_Sans embedded. Please get a screen shot. Thanks.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=540055
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #48
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've created an ePub edition of Down and Out In the Magic Kingdom with Fontin and Fontin_Sans embedded. Please get a screen shot. Thanks.

Sorry for the glare....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06709.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	792.2 KB
ID:	33433  
Old 08-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #49
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:

In real life, it's not that dark of course.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC06711.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	759.9 KB
ID:	33434  
Old 08-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #50
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

You did not ask for shots from EZ Reader (Hanlin V3) with mobile ADE, but here they are anyway. These are low resolution scans, but should be enough for those familiar with 6" EInk screens. Full justification is supported, but I am disappointed in the font size selection. There are 5 sizes, but the smallest is very small and the largest is huge.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DOMK_EZR1h.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	33428   Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMK_EZR2h.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	33429   Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMK_EZR3h.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	33430   Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMK_EZR4h.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	33431   Click image for larger version

Name:	DOMK_EZR5h.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	33432  
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #51
mgmueller
Member Retired

glare again, sorry...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC06718.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	878.1 KB
ID:	33435   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06720.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	855.9 KB
ID:	33436  

Last edited by mgmueller; 08-01-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #52
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
mgmueller, on yor photo the round lines of characters like O, D, B look rather edged, not smooth.

Is this because of the font used? Hope so.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #53
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
mgmueller, on yor photo the round lines of characters like O, D, B look rather edged, not smooth.

Is this because of the font used? Hope so.
I've just added 2 more photos. Glare, but else that's exactly what it looks like. I didn't install any additional fonts yet, that's the standard set/quality.
I'll compare to a commercial ePUB asap.

Last edited by mgmueller; 08-01-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #54
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
I see what you mean about the page looking like a printed page that is running out of ink.

With the glare , does this device show glare more than say the 505 or kindle2 ?

You know how everybody came down on 700 for having glare problems, how does this device compare with the others in the glare dept.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #55
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
I see what you mean about the page looking like a printed page that is running out of ink.

With the glare , does this device show glare more than say the 505 or kindle2 ?

You know how everybody came down on 700 for having glare problems, how does this device compare with the others in the glare dept.
Just to disappoint and encourage you even more: That's an ePUB. PDF is even worse. I've tried to take some pictures. But in the zooming levels I'm talking about, the font gets so "thin", you can't even photograph it and still get a realistic impression.

Glare in my opinion is identical to Sony 505 or Kindle 2. Definitely less than Sony 700. It's just the light conditions here in the hotel.

Meaning: For ePUB, I think it's close to Sony 505. Not quite there yet, as long as I can't access my Micro SD card from within ADE.
For PDF, it's one of the worst. I guess I'll delete all the PDFs and it will be my mobile ePUB unit.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #56
mgmueller
Member Retired

Commercial ePUB

Sorry for the glare. Lighting conditions in the hotel, not the unit itself.
Opus again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC06726.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	788.8 KB
ID:	33442   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06729.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	799.4 KB
ID:	33443   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06737.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	745.3 KB
ID:	33444  

Last edited by mgmueller; 08-05-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #57
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Edit: Post discarded

Last edited by cbell; 08-05-2009 at 07:15 PM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #58
mgmueller
Member Retired

Same commercial ePUB (Azincourt = great read).
Opus again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC06739.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	853.3 KB
ID:	33459   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06740.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	847.9 KB
ID:	33460   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06742.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	852.7 KB
ID:	33461   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06744.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	825.5 KB
ID:	33462   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06747.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	850.4 KB
ID:	33463  

Last edited by mgmueller; 08-05-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Opus looks jagged whereas the 505 looks a lot smoother. Is this really the case or is this just because the photo enlargens the screen of the Opus?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #60
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Hate to be a prick, but could you also take a screenshot of a pdf I quickly set up? Just the first Chapter from Pride and Prejudice...but I'd like to see how pdf shows up on it...

I guesstimated the pdf size so it probably isn't ideal for the screen, but it'd be interesting to see anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PridePrejudice-opus.pdf (42.4 KB, 254 views)
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybook, opus