Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
The Fedex man just brought me my PR-505!!!

I just barely opened up all the box and I'm still sitting here in awe of this amazing gadget. I am currently in the midst of downloading the software and I already have it charging. I already downloaded some free ebooks last night so I'm READY TO GO!!! I should be reading in no time!!

Have a great day everyone. I know I sure will!!

Kelly
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I remember that excitement well. Fed Ex brought me my RED 505 in early February. I had it shipped overnight and kept checking the tracking. I could hardly stand waiting for it to charge!

Enjoy!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
YAY! Opening the box is like winning the lottery and your birthday, all at the same time!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Congrats to your new reader, Kelly. I hope you will enjoy your first reading session with it.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
I just barely opened up all the box and I'm still sitting here in awe of this amazing gadget. I am currently in the midst of downloading the software and I already have it charging. I already downloaded some free ebooks last night so I'm READY TO GO!!! I should be reading in no time!!

Have a great day everyone. I know I sure will!!

Kelly
Enjoy, we look forward to hearing how you like it!!!
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Y E A H!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you! We ALL understand how you are feeling!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Oh Kelly, I do remember that moment. I bought my 505 just after New Years in 2008, got it home and almost couldn't stand to wait for it to charge up. As soon as it was, I started reading on it and pretty much haven't stopped.

Enjoy.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Oh yes I've already downloaded a library book to it and several free books, and I'm about to purchase two new titles to start out. I can't wait to read it. It was SO easy to set up. I did have an issue (if you can even call it that) at first with some library books that I had already downloaded that wouldn't let me view them, but after reading the thread on this forum I started over, and it was a piece of cake. I'm going to look for some relaxing music to put on there to listen to while I'm reading.

Kelly
Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What sorts of books do you like? Because there are always offers of free books popping up here. Be sure to check out the freebies forum.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations on your new favorite friend

I love mine and take it everywhere with me.

Did you get a charger for it yet? I found that when listening to music and reading that the battery runs down faster.

Have you found yourself developing new reading habits yet?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
kelly1010
Book Addict!

Dreams---No, I have not gotten a charger yet. I just charge it from the USB Port. But I'm thinking I'll probably get a charger. I think I saw some on Ebay for pretty cheap. And no, I haven't found my reading habits changing YET--but give me time. I set this all up, then I had to go out and run some errands. I plan to curl up tonight under the covers and enjoy my new toy!!

DixieGal- I read mostly contemporary Romance, or Contemporary Fiction. Until today this forum is actually the only forum I looked at, so I went exploring and found the freebie forum and will definitely be going back there.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Congratulations! A cheap Sony PSP charger works as well as the 'right' charger for the 505. They can be found for as little as $5. Go check out the thread in the 505 Accessories forum.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
Dreams---No, I have not gotten a charger yet. I just charge it from the USB Port. But I'm thinking I'll probably get a charger. I think I saw some on Ebay for pretty cheap. And no, I haven't found my reading habits changing YET--but give me time. I set this all up, then I had to go out and run some errands. I plan to curl up tonight under the covers and enjoy my new toy!!

DixieGal- I read mostly contemporary Romance, or Contemporary Fiction. Until today this forum is actually the only forum I looked at, so I went exploring and found the freebie forum and will definitely be going back there.
Dig around at the Sony store, and you will find the 16 free Harleqins from the Valentine's Day promotion. They are still free downloads.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #14
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Dig around at the Sony store, and you will find the 16 free Harleqins from the Valentine's Day promotion. They are still free downloads.
I think the free Harlequin downloads were only free for the month of February at the Sony store. You might still be able to find them on Fictionwise in the Secure eReader format (you'll need to use Adobe Digital Editions to get them onto your Reader).

DJ
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #15
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I think the free Harlequin downloads were only free for the month of February at the Sony store. You might still be able to find them on Fictionwise in the Secure eReader format (you'll need to use Adobe Digital Editions to get them onto your Reader).

DJ
Looks like they are still available here:
http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?cid=1317
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote