Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #121
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Are there any other Jane Austen fan fic junkies on here? Here's a new modernization, free @ Amazon:

First (Wrong) Impressions by Krista D. Ball
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2Z3VRO
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #122
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
The Firebird was there but now it's gone.
That's not nice! Been out of town and wasn't able to catch this soon enough.

Not interested in any of the other titles.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #123
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Good for you! I didn't either - I want to buy a few full-priced books off my TBR so have to restrain my 'it's only 99 cents 1-click' habits'!

And thanks for sharing... I'm in no rush anymore waiting for a coupon code or a sale now. Ah well, at least they are finally looking into it.
Thanks, and that's so weird that you bring this up, but yes I figure if I don't do the 'it's only 99 cents 1-click' thing a few times, this will justify buying a few of the books I really want that never come on sale in the $5ish range. I'm going to try this maybe once a week, ie if I'm 'good' this week, will allow myself Tangled. Great minds think alike!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #124
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
For those who say they send an email to their libraries to request books to be added to their Overdrive ebook selection:

I *think* this is something the libraries can choose to use or not. But if you haven't already done so, you might want to check your "Advanced Search" page.

At the very bottom of the page, you might see an option "Show me" with 3 check-boxes:
  • My library's collection
  • Only titles with copies available
  • Additional titles to recommend

If you have these options, check the "Additional titles..." box. If Overdrive has a book available and it's not in your library, instead of a "borrow" or "place a hold" button, you'll see a "recommend" button.

I've used it a few times, and it even asks if you'd like to receive an email when the book you recommend is purchased or if you'd like to be put immediately on the holds list for that book.

I have access to 5 Overdrive libraries, and 3 out of those 5 have this option available. So I suspect libraries choose whether to use this functionality, rather than it being standard.
Thanks again for that tip - it worked! The book was added yesterday

Now I have to just to finish the Psy-Changeling series before I can think of reading another book.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #125
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Thanks, and that's so weird that you bring this up, but yes I figure if I don't do the 'it's only 99 cents 1-click' thing a few times, this will justify buying a few of the books I really want that never come on sale in the $5ish range. I'm going to try this maybe once a week, ie if I'm 'good' this week, will allow myself Tangled. Great minds think alike!
Good luck with that. I know my willpower isn't strong enough....
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #126
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

Run, Run, Runaway Bride US DE by Jacqueline Diamond (Harlequin author).

Quote:
Have wedding dress, will travel.

Restless and high spirited, Samantha Avery walks down the aisle on a whim. Bad move: when the groom hands her a ring she recognizes as stolen, she literally has to run—and keep running.

Where to hide until she’s called as a witness at his trial? Luckily, she finds Hidden Hot Springs, a remote resort town under construction, filled with brawny men who can protect her. The most powerful and irresistible is their handsome boss, Kieran French, who happens to need a wife for legal reasons.

So down the aisle she goes again, just for a little while. After all, Samantha already has the dress. But what begins as temporary may not stay that way…

Another laugh-out-loud romantic comedy from the bestselling author of Yours, Mine and Ours and One Husband Too Many. Run, Run, Runaway Bride was originally published in paperback under the title The Runaway Bride. It has been significantly revised and updated for ebook release.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #127
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Yeah, I succumbed to Trophy Husband myself. And the Sugar Shack trio that Ms Blossom (enabler ) posted as well...sigh...I will get you all back, someday, I will. I will make you buy 10,000 books and you will LOVE it
And here, my enabling friends, is the first of my revenge:

Sexy Berkeley by Dani Lovell

Don't know much about it other than it has Sexy in the title, so who can resist? Has limited # of reveiws, 4 and 5s, but they are not gushy (mostly) and one very good one read as an actual review and not as a squee-fest.

It is the start of a series but can be read as stand alone - the series continues with secondary characters. I read enough of the sample that I want to read more.... One Click!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #128
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Now's there a good thought. Only problem is that my reasoning usually goes more like this: "I only spent $0.99 on the last X books that I bought, therefore, it's okay to spend $7.99 on this large publisher book that I REALLY want, and that never goes on sale". Unfortunately, restraining myself from the bargains in order to justify the big purchase just does not compute.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #129
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Now's there a good thought. Only problem is that my reasoning usually goes more like this: "I only spent $0.99 on the last X books that I bought, therefore, it's okay to spend $7.99 on this large publisher book that I REALLY want, and that never goes on sale". Unfortunately, restraining myself from the bargains in order to justify the big purchase just does not compute.
Yes, LOL, well I totally do that kind of reasoning also! [just not usually 7.99, I really try not to spend more than 5 if possible, but that's just me]. I think we just each need to find our niche and what works for each of us within our budgets. Mine is evolving and, well, we'll see how it works this week. One thing that has helped me a lot with the 99cent1clicks is that I check reviews at Goodreads and for the most part it has to be over 4 rating. And as always with us, there's exceptions to every rule. I also think that keeping track of what I buy during the week to post on Sundays has helped me realize how much I'm spending [or not]!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #130
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
And here, my enabling friends, is the first of my revenge:

Sexy Berkeley by Dani Lovell

Don't know much about it other than it has Sexy in the title, so who can resist? Has limited # of reveiws, 4 and 5s, but they are not gushy (mostly) and one very good one read as an actual review and not as a squee-fest.

It is the start of a series but can be read as stand alone - the series continues with secondary characters. I read enough of the sample that I want to read more.... One Click!
Freebies don't count as enabling!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #131
laurla
Addict

Quote:
Freebies don't count as enabling!
Well, it does if you're like me with a touch of OCD which means you can't NOT buy the additional books in the series and you can't read your new freebie until you have the complete series! Which in this case means I'll be waiting awhile since she just released this one and there's no timeline on when the next might be out...
Old 06-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #132
laurla
Addict

Quote:
I also think that keeping track of what I buy during the week to post on Sundays has helped me realize how much I'm spending [or not]!
TOTALLY agree... I do now (sometimes) think twice before hitting that one-click
Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #133
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Well, it does if you're like me with a touch of OCD which means you can't NOT buy the additional books in the series and you can't read your new freebie until you have the complete series! Which in this case means I'll be waiting awhile since she just released this one and there's no timeline on when the next might be out...
Oh, OH, if I did that I wouldn't get my bills paid! I do the opposite, I read the first in a series and then decide if it's worth it to add the next in the series to my wish/watch list. Of course my wish/watch list is nearing the 100 mark, but eh, I also remember I have over 500 in my TBR-now pile. [yes, TBR NOW pile, which is why I have such a hard time picking what to read, I want to read them all, NOW!]
Old 06-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #134
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
I think we just each need to find our niche and what works for each of us within our budgets. Mine is evolving and, well, we'll see how it works this week. One thing that has helped me a lot with the 99cent1clicks is that I check reviews at Goodreads and for the most part it has to be over 4 rating.
This is a good idea. I need to check Goodreads more often. I do usually sample any book that I'm actually going to pay money for (I don't sample freebies) and that has helped cut down on the impulse buys. If I'm not sucked in by the sample and cursing when it stops abruptly, or if I notice significant grammar problems, then I don't buy the book, no matter how good the reviews are.

I actually do have a $50 monthly book budget and I usually manage to stay under it. I will admit though, that I cheat just a bit on the budget. I trade used paperbacks through Paperback Swap, but I don't count the mailing costs. Technically I should count those as a budget item.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #135
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

MARKED by Elisabeth Naughton
(Eternal Guardians #1)

A Soft Place to Fall by Barbara Bretton
(Shelter Rock Cove)

Indies:

A Song Across the Sea by Shana McGuinn
(A Historical Romance)

The Rosebud Burglar
by Shana McGuinn
(a Victorian Romance)