Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #76
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Samsung Galaxy Note/Note II too large?
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Samsung Galaxy Note too expensive!
At least at UK prices, the Note is more than twice the price of the Nexus 4.
(Yes, it is a much more capable machine, but they aren't in the same price range for comparison.)
Too expensive is right! Plus, the Note is too large. The Nexus 4 is the right size for my needs.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #77
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just a note--the Nexus 4 is now back in stock at T-Mobile. Still no dice for unlocked, Google Play stock.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #78
Top100EbooksRank
Banned
Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
poster #1
Quote:
Got mine today finally in Austria from DiTech.
It's a HW-Rew-11 Device, 301K+++650986
poster #2

Quote:
Wow, that was fast. The phone was out of the factory in Korea at 18 Jan, so it managed the whole shipping - customs - distribution chain in less than a week.

And someone said google is dragging their feet with distribution...
Jan 18 production: the 650986th device manufactured

Jan 22 production: the 750,000th device manufactured
Top100EbooksRank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 AM   #79
Top100EbooksRank
Banned
Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
http://www.crn.com.au/News/329945,ne...-100-more.aspx

Quote:
LG today announced the phone would land in Harvey Norman’s physical retail stores on Optus mobile plans and for $496 outright – an almost $100 mark-up from the Nexus 4’s $399 Play store price.

LG said the change in price reflected the added costs required to sell a product in store, citing staffing, distribution, point of sale and marketing.
It is $97 more than Google Play store in Australia because

1) staffing
2) distribution
3) point of sale
4) marketing

and probably the retailer profit. That basically sum up the advantage of online retail over physical retail.

Did Google market the Nexus 4 on TV/radio/newspaper/magazine at all?
Top100EbooksRank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 AM   #80
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top100EbooksRank View Post
[url]
It is $97 more than Google Play store in Australia because

1)
2) distribution
3) point of sale
4)
Where are these devices shipping from?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #81
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
Just a note--the Nexus 4 is now back in stock at T-Mobile. Still no dice for unlocked, Google Play stock.
It's back out of stock at T-Mobile too. I ended up getting a completely different phone since T-Mobile nor Google has the Nexus 4 in stock. My phone was having issues connecting with the network and I couldn't wait any longer. The next time Google wants to release a phone with these specs at such a low price, I hope they make enough of them. This shortage is an epic FAIL!
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #82
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
It's back out of stock at T-Mobile too. I ended up getting a completely different phone since T-Mobile nor Google has the Nexus 4 in stock. My phone was having issues connecting with the network and I couldn't wait any longer. The next time Google wants to release a phone with these specs at such a low price, I hope they make enough of them. This shortage is an epic FAIL!
The shortage was orchestrated to generate and sustain buzz and demand. You can bet that the next phone they offer will NOT be in short supply... they'll make millions of phones and sell them all. (consumers will operate out of fear of being sold out to jump in and buy it immediately)
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #83
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
...(consumers will operate out of fear of being sold out to jump in and buy it immediately)
I don't know you, but from where I stand, it looks like they're already doing so.
So Google put out an unlocked superphone at half the price of any other phone, and were surprised by the huge demand... shocking!
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #84
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I don't know you, but from where I stand, it looks like they're already doing so.
So Google put out an unlocked superphone at half the price of any other phone, and were surprised by the huge demand... shocking!
Huge demand...compared to what? How does 750,000 units sold in 2.5 months compare to other phones?
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #85
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Huge demand...compared to what? How does 750,000 units sold in 2.5 months compare to other phones?
The demand was huge compared to expectations.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #86
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
It looks like T-Mobile has the Nexus 4 back in stock. The store I went to today had one left. I ended up getting the Samsung Galaxy SII though. I have a 32GB microSD card and I was not letting it go to waste. I'm so fickle.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #87
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Huge demand as in it's sold out all the time, as in demand far outweighs supply, as in everybody who wants one can't get one, as in wait times exceeding 6 weeks, need I go on?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:35 AM   #88
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Huge demand as in it's sold out all the time, as in demand far outweighs supply, as in everybody who wants one can't get one, as in wait times exceeding 6 weeks, need I go on?
It is pretty clear to me.

But go on anyway. I like to see your head bob and wobble.

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #89
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
It is pretty clear to me.

But go on anyway. I like to see your head bob and wobble.

The key point is that it was mentioned that demand was 10x higher than supply (source); so, had they had the supply chain up to speed, they would have sold 7.5M in 2 months, which is impressive.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #90
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
And it's back in stock! Just bought mine! Very excited.

(Three smilies mean I'm excited.)
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote