Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #511
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Heads up for Buggins

An Ainol Novo7 Paladin arrived yesterday and I was unable to install CoolReader.

This tablet runs with a MIPS (JZ4770 - Xburst) processor and ICS 4.0.1. I updated to ICS 4.0.3 with the same results. I don't know if the problem is with MIPS or ICS, probably both. Google is pushing the MIPS architecture so I imagine we will be seeing more of these processors (they sell for about $2 USD and perform well with minimum power consumption).

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #512
MCBastos
Enthusiast
MCBastos began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Thank you for this sample!
I've fixed this bug: 3.0.55-7
Well, to revisit this thing...

Good news and bad news.

The good news: generally speaking, 3.0.55-7 and later versions seem to have fixed the issue. The files which used to word-wrap well, and had stopped word-wrapping, now are again word-wrapping correctly.

The bad news: I ran into a few old files that still present the issue. On trying to figure what they had different from the new ones, the only think I could come up with is that they seem to be old-style Mac text files -- that is, ones that use only CR for new line, instead of CR/LF (as in DOS/Windows) or just LF (as in Linux/Unix/OS X)

The worse news: I tried to *make* a file that would present this problem (I have a text editor which is able to save in any newline format) and I couldn't. I even checked with a binary editor to see if the file was saved as a CR-only text file, and it was -- but CoolReader still displayed it correctly. So it's something more subtle than just the newline format, and I couldn't determine what it is. I'll try sending you one of the troublesome files via e-mail, but I'll have to zip it to avoid some overzealous mailserver "fixing" the newline format...

With old-style MacOS being a ten-year-old relic, new CR-only files are unlikely to come up, and it's easy enough to convert the old files to CR/LF (open in a text editor and save it again), so I don't expect this to be a high-priority bug... but still, it might be worth looking into it.
MCBastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #513
rockyabq
rockyabq began at the beginning.

Device: New: Samsung Charge, Old: iPaq 1955 / eReader Pro
I have some documents in rtf format that have some ASCII-style "images" in them. CR on my Samsung Charge automatically deletes extra spaces and double-space type carriage returns. Is there a way to prevent CR from doing this and leaving the spaces and returns alone? Or, alternatively, is there a character (an "invisible" one) that could be inserted into the rtf document under Windoze that would force CR to display it correctly?
Thanks,
Rocky

Example: Golf ball trajectory due to Magnus effect:

o
o o
o o
o o
o______________________________________o___

Edit: Hahaha, the forum program deleted the extra spaces too!

............................................o
.............................o .....................o
...................o.............................. .......o
..........o....................................... ..........o
o______________________________________o___

Last edited by rockyabq; 01-21-2012 at 11:14 PM.
rockyabq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #514
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
A &nbsp; (non-breaking space) can be used for this purpose. The <pre> tag can be sued to force monospacing characters and leaving in all spaces.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #515
rockyabq
rockyabq began at the beginning.

Device: New: Samsung Charge, Old: iPaq 1955 / eReader Pro
Thanks, Dale. That worked perfectly! (Alt+255 did the trick!)
rockyabq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #516
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
An Ainol Novo7 Paladin arrived yesterday and I was unable to install CoolReader.

This tablet runs with a MIPS (JZ4770 - Xburst) processor and ICS 4.0.1. I updated to ICS 4.0.3 with the same results. I don't know if the problem is with MIPS or ICS, probably both. Google is pushing the MIPS architecture so I imagine we will be seeing more of these processors (they sell for about $2 USD and perform well with minimum power consumption).

Regards - John
Try installing build with MIPS support
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #517
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Since the file name said "universal" I installed it successfully on tablets configured as follows:
MIPS/4.0.3
OMAP4/3.2.1
Tegra2/3.2.1
Rockchip/2.3.1
They all behaved in the identical manner.

Thanks for the MIPS fix, For $110 USD, the Novo7 Paladin makes a nice little traveler and now that it runs CoolReader, I'm ready to go. When I say little I mean;
176/6.9 X 110/4.3 X 12.7/.5 mm/in
326g/11.5oz

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 01-26-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 AM   #518
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Update

3.0.55-26

Includes optimizations for eINK screens, hack for out of memory error, new selection action: search. Shows EPUB and MOBY coverpages in file list w/o opening.
Encoding autodetection fixes.

Last edited by Buggins; 01-28-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #519
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
Update

3.0.55-26

Includes optimizations for eINK screens, hack for out of memory error, new selection action: search. Shows EPUB and MOBY coverpages in file list w/o opening.
Encoding autodetection fixes.
Will support for MIPS be included in general distribution or is that a one time special?

Regards- John
Old 01-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #520
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
I've been looking for a reader that would satisfy my needs. I'm happy I've found Cool Reader it's really cool! It let's me to display Georgian Unicode just perfectly (without need for @face statements in epub) and also it reads & displays metadata like title and author in title bar. Great! I have just a remark. I'm new to CR and excuse me if the feature I'm gonna ask for is already implemented.

1. When I make Bookmarks in Georgian Unicode epub, bookmarks are displayed as ?????.

2. Before I open any book there's Internal file browser, when I go to books list Georgian titles are displayed as ?????

If I'd be able to to fix ????? issue in those two places I'd grateful and 100% satisfied with CR.

One more minor thing. In an Internal file browser a book cover page is displayed full screen in FB2 format books, but in Epub it's only on quarter of the screen.

I'm using latest version of CR.

Last edited by giosa; 01-30-2012 at 08:20 AM.
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #521
mvp3
mvp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
could coolreader support partial refresh on sony prs-t1

partial refresh has support on ebookreader mod.
mvp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #522
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp3 View Post
partial refresh has support on ebookreader mod.
Huh?

What ebookreader? And what mod?
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #523
sciurius
Enthusiast
sciurius doesn't littersciurius doesn't litter

Device: PC
I'm using CoolReader on Archos 10.1IT (Android 2.1). The tablet is connected to the LAN.

When reading a book I stop CoolReader. Sometime later the WiFi goes down (due to external circumstances). When I (re)start CoolReader, it freezes with an empty, totally non-responsive screen and must be externally FCed. Only after the WiFi has been restored, it is possible to start CoolReader again.
The book currently being read resides on the sdcard, though.

Any idea what's going on?
sciurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #524
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I've noticed this on Coolreader myself, but it does not seem to relate to wifi or other external circumstances as much as where you are in Coolreader itself when you exit out.

If you are inside a book and close back to the home screen, you will be fine. If you "back" out to a menu listing from your current book and then close out to the home screen it sometimes confuses Coolreader and you end up loading a black screen.

So far I have been able to back in and out a couple of times and it will eventually come back to a workable menu. It has not completely locked up to the point of total non responsiveness.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #525
sciurius
Enthusiast
sciurius doesn't littersciurius doesn't litter

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
... as much as where you are in Coolreader itself when you exit out.
Sounds interesting. Unfortunately I cannot test it out, since the CR version I have currently installed disables the soft buttons and there's no way to get into the other menus.
sciurius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader