Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
topquark
Connoisseur
topquark began at the beginning.

Device: K3, PW2
Epub to AZW3: css formatting not showing

Hi all,

I have a problem with an epub that I am trying to convert to AZW3. The formatting -- text indents, dropcaps, et cetera -- looks perfect in sigil. But when I convert to azw3 using calibre and view with the kindle previewer, almost all the formatting is gone. The pargraphs are not indented and there are no dropcaps, for instance.

The CSS has headings like this: /* Paragraph Level Class/Style Definitions */. I tried removing them but I still couldn't get the css formatting to show up.

Please help. Thanks in advance.
topquark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote