Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
Re-sizing images during conversion

On books that have lots images, in the past I'd sometimes tick the 'Resize images for palm devices' check box when I do a conversion to MOBI and end up with a file that is much smaller in size and still has decent looking images (at least as viewed on my K3).

I've found that this option is present in 0.8.14 that I've been using, but on my version of calibre portable 0.8.47 I don't see that option (under "MOBI Output"). Is it gone? Has that option been disabled, or moved? I didn't see it under 'tweaks'....

If it's gone - is there some other way to force the resizing of images when doing a conversion? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's gone. The need to support mobi readers on Palm devices is noo longer that pressing There's no other way to force resizing of images. You can choose a different output profile, images are resized to fit according to the output profile, but none are significantly smaller than the kindle profile.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote