Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
EditorOne
Jus' Learnin'
EditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toys

Device: none
Question Copying Sigil Images Folder

I have completed the epub, mobi, and azw3 files for my client--thanks for all the help you folks offered along the way with my silly questions.

I hope this isn't a silly question, but how can I copy or where do I find the actual folder that holds all of the images in the final epub file? For uploading to Amazon, I need a folder that contains all of the images, but selecting all images in the folder (in Sigil interface) doesn't allow me to copy and paste (unless I have to do them one at a time--the client had 170 images!!).

The original folder on my computer has many images that were not included and along the way with conversions, all of the images were renamed numerically . . . .)

I have searched my hard drive for a Sigil program folder or temp folder that holds the files but haven't found it. Any ideas?
EditorOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Load the ePub into Calibre. Right click the ePub, select Tweak Book and in the Windows Explorer (I hope you are using Windows) window that pops up, copy the Images directory to someplace where you want to store all of the graphics. Then close the Windows Explorer window after you have pasted the Images directory someplace and close the Tweak Book dialog in Calibre. Done!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
EditorOne
Jus' Learnin'
EditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toys

Red face It WAS a silly question

Sometimes I can't believe my own density--moments after posting another dumb question, I figured it out: Click on Image Folder > Select All > SAVE AS!!

I hope y'all had a chuckle anyway.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
EditorOne
Jus' Learnin'

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Load the ePub into Calibre. Right click the ePub, select Tweak Book and in the Windows Explorer (I hope you are using Windows) window that pops up, copy the Images directory to someplace where you want to store all of the graphics. Then close the Windows Explorer window after you have pasted the Images directory someplace and close the Tweak Book dialog in Calibre. Done!
I'll try that method as well.
Can't believe how much I've learned from putzing around and conversing with you folks here.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
An epub is just a zip file. You can use any unzip program to get at the files.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
EditorOne
Jus' Learnin'

Talking Sure enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
An epub is just a zip file. You can use any unzip program to get at the files.
There they were!! Thanks. It's nice to have multiple ways to do things and still get it right.

Tags
copying, image folder, images, sigil