Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
kceb10
kceb10 doesn't litterkceb10 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900
comic.com recipe

it's looks fine in calibre but once i put it on my reader (PRS-900) it cuts part of the page off on the right side. It's like it's not formated for the screen size on the 900 i have tried to recreate the ebook with the output being for the 900 but that didnt help either
kceb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kceb10 View Post
it's looks fine in calibre but once i put it on my reader (PRS-900) it cuts part of the page off on the right side. It's like it's not formated for the screen size on the 900 i have tried to recreate the ebook with the output being for the 900 but that didnt help either
You're not the only one who has that problem.

Here's what Kovid wrote about this:
Quote:
The way conversion works is that at convert time the target screen size is loaded from the users current output profile. That is the screen size that is used. The only reason this is necessary at all is that Adobe Digital Editions stupidly does not rescale images that don't fit on the screen.

So if you want to generate an epub file that has large images and works across a number of devices you have to choose an output profile whose screen size is <= the screen size of the smallest of those devices.
Other than choosing a small screen size, you can try (for a test) adding the following code to the recipe:

Code:
    def preprocess_html(self, soup):
        return self.adeify_images(soup)
If it helps at all, let us know.

You can also try using my new GoComics recipe. It has an image size control that is not available in my Comics.com recipe. There are some strips available in both, so perhaps the strips you want from Comics.com will be found in the newer GoComics recipe..
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
kceb10
kceb10 doesn't litterkceb10 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900
Ok I added that extra part to the recipe and it helped alot there is still a very very small piece missing but everything is at least readable now. thanks for your help
kceb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
mhuntoon
mhuntoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
would adding

help with the gocomics recipe you shared? it's very difficult to read the strips on my kindle 2. Otherwise, it works great.

if adding that will help, where do I put it?
mhuntoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuntoon View Post
would adding

help with the gocomics recipe you shared? it's very difficult to read the strips on my kindle 2. Otherwise, it works great.

if adding that will help, where do I put it?
Try it and let me know. (or I'll do it for you if you send me your Kindle2!)

Change the return line as follows:
Code:
        if soup.title:
            title_string = soup.title.string.strip()
            _cd = title_string.split(',',1)[1]
            comic_date = ' '.join(_cd.split(' ', 4)[0:-1])
        if soup.h1.span:
            artist = soup.h1.span.string
            soup.h1.span.string.replaceWith(comic_date + artist)
        feature_item = soup.find('p',attrs={'class':'feature_item'})
        if feature_item.a:
            a_tag = feature_item.a
            a_href = a_tag["href"]
            img_tag = a_tag.img
            img_tag["src"] = a_href
            img_tag["width"] = self.comic_size
            img_tag["height"] = None

Last edited by Starson17; 03-17-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Forgot I'd used preprocess_html in GoComics
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert