Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
sammy12
sammy12
sammy12 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-600
Flashing on Page Turns - Normal?

Just started to read on the Kindle and finds that it flashes black and then bright - is that the usual? Does yours do the same?

Think it can become quite irritating in the long run and did not see this in the demo;s on line. Hope it is just a setting. can anybody offer some advice thanks

Last edited by sammy12; 07-13-2010 at 12:05 AM.
sammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Yes.. Yes..
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #3
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This is just a setting, but you can't change it, and you don't want to change it. If the screen doesn't reset itself, there always will be ghosting.
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The page flash is normal on eInk readers, and happens on each page turn when the screen is "re-created" for the new page. It is something you will (hopefully) adjust to after reading a while. For some folk, OTOH, it proves to be too distracting and they switch to a non-eInk device.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Edited your thread title to reflect your question.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I don't notice it at all any more. Of course, I've been reading on my K2 for about a year and a half now, but I think I got used to it within a week.
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:49 AM   #7
bob1xxx
Zealot
bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle k3 and k2 and White Aluratek Libre Pro
Wink Yes but e ink rocks!

Yes its normal for e ink based e readers, and but by e ink reader standards the k2's page turns is quick and the "flash" minimal . As apposed to the slower older sony 300 , astak eb600, etc... were its pow! flash half second later the page re freshes the K2 very snappy. I still have my libre pro with its lcd screen give almost instantaneous page turns,but it comes at a cost. Much much shorter battery life it quoted 24 hour battery life is pure fiction 12 hours of reading or about every five days I have had to recharge my libre pro. My kindle I bought on 062610 gave it a full charge and didn't re charge to yesterday 071210 !!!!!! Insane , I read atleast one to two hours every day and also during that time used the 3g to buy a few books and browse the web for about 25mins and I still had at least 30% of my battery left. Yeah e ink displays are a little slow but the k2 screen quality and superior battery life in my book out weight any speed/flash issues.
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote