Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #46
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
I was wondering about this thread and other reporting wake up problems for EE. The fact is, my EE does not have exhibit such problems, or at least no more than my PE, meaning that I had to reboot it couple of times over several months I am using it - same as with PE. Otherwise every time I open it, it says it is hibernating, I press menu button, it comes up with no issues.

So I was wondering what could be the difference there - is this happening on dingo only, or on ermine as well, or allmine fixed it (unlikely)?

Are there any strange applications or services installed on those problem EEs?

Another thing I can think of is maybe the usage pattern - my EE never leaves home, so it is always sits connected to charger when not in use. I always disconnect it first from charger before opening it, and connect back to charger when it is closed after use.

Oh, there is one issue my EE has coming from hibernate - the LCD screen is always rotated 90 degrees after wakeup relative to orientation it woke up last time - so it is kind of spinning with each hibernate cycle. Not a big issue, just couple of presses on orintation button some times is required. But I was wondering if other EE owners observe this quirk.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #47
diedertimmers
diedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enough

Device: enTourage eDGe
Hi vldmr,
On my edge the hibernation issue occurs on a clean ermine install. I didn't notice it on dingo. ( but then again I upgraded to ermine right after I got my edge. One other thing I noticed is that my edge hangs in a similar way if I change the CPU frequency back to normal after overclocking. My guess right now is that there is some hardware problem when changing clack frequencys. I am going to investigate this a bit more. I don't have any problems with a rotating screen. I guess your a lucky EE owner,not all of the shipped devices have this problem.
diedertimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #48
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
@ diedertimmers
GOOD WORK!
Thanks for your new release. It's nice to start application at boot time.
Can I suggest to insert a indicative icon to easily distinguish it, if possible?
Thanks again.
Erminio
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #49
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
Anther little thing, is it possible to color in different way 3 button in the menu?

For example:

App Active ---> Color Button 1 [Start Hibernation Protection]: Transparent Green
---> Color Button 2 [Stop Hibernation Protection]: Red

App NOT Active ---> Color Button 1 [Start Hibernation Protection]: Green
---> Color Button 2 [Stop Hibernation Protection]: Transparent Red
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #50
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
My EE acts the same way vldmr's does, but without the rotation. It seems to me that people started noticing the problem when Ermine first came out, and only some eDGes were affected.

Very impressed with your work, diedertimmers!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
entourage edge, fix, hibernation issue