Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #91
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thx, will do.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #92
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Many thanks!

Another false positive I encountered in several retail epubs:

from the cover page

<div class="centerImage1"><svg:svg height="100%" viewBox="0 0 1200 1600" width="100%">" ........
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 04:29 AM   #93
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
Many thanks!

Another false positive I encountered in several retail epubs:

from the cover page

<div class="centerImage1"><svg:svg height="100%" viewBox="0 0 1200 1600" width="100%">" ........
Probably simplest just to strip all the tags with a simple regex sub like <[^>]+> in the plugin to rectify this. Writing regexes that attempt to distinguish between being inside and outside and outside a tag are not a reliable way to go, easier to strip them when there's no requirement to maintain them.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #94
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

And this wasn't found:

(From p4, including cover)
<p class="copyright" id="man0019"><span class="center"><span class="smallcaps">ISBN-13</span>: 978–0–141–97081–3</span></p>

Which isn't a big deal, since it is easy enough for me to pull up the odd one the plugin doesn't extract, but left me curious, since it looks like one it would extract ...
Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #95
capnm
Groupie

That embedded SVG in the cover page is really annoying.
It turns out that, for example, an svg of a big fat penguin includes a numeric string that could be an ISBN ....
And for some reason I have a bunch of books with a big fat penguin on the first page
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 AM   #96
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The new version of this plugin should cater for the HTML looks like an isbn problem as will implement the suggestion from Idolse. However it is dependent on some new code Kovid has added for 0.7.58 so I am waiting for that to be released first. So just a couple more days.

That other scenario you posted in #94 looks interesting, will have to try to replicate it. If I cannot, any chance you could pm me a link to the document somewhere?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 AM   #97
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
And this wasn't found:

(From p4, including cover)
<p class="copyright" id="man0019"><span class="center"><span class="smallcaps">ISBN-13</span>: 978–0–141–97081–3</span></p>

Which isn't a big deal, since it is easy enough for me to pull up the odd one the plugin doesn't extract, but left me curious, since it looks like one it would extract ...
I found the issue after some head banging - it is a very subtle variation of the "dash". This will be handled in the next version.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #98
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
So to answer your amazon question (in this tread I think) here a part of a book in my collection.
The game is open again:

This story and the other stories in the volume are available at:
http://craphound.com/overclocked
You can buy Overclocked at finer bookstores everywhere, including Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...wnandoutint-20
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #99
kiwidude

drMerry - I have absolutely no idea what your "amazon question" post is in relation to, but it sure doesn't look like anything related to extract isbn?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #100
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=75

Your own idea
Old 04-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #101
kiwidude

Ok, at the risk of looking really stupid (again) I still have absolutely no idea of what your post is in connection to - am I alone in being utterly confused?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #102
drMerry
Addict

Allright,

let me rewrite my previous post:

Hi kd,

You remembered your question about amanzon (adding amazon id's?)
I found a book in my collection that contains the id.
So the game is open again.
Information on first page of the book:

Code:
This story and the other stories in the volume are available at:
http://craphound.com/overclocked
You can buy Overclocked at finer bookstores everywhere, including Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1560259817/downandoutint-20
So you can now update your tasklist like you wanted in this post

Spoiler:
Made myself clear I hope? (I'm thinking faster than my shadow ) So I do not alway type everything that is on my mind ...
Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #103
kiwidude

Ahh. Right. Yes, sometimes a longer explanation would save much confusion - particularly when I am juggling so many streams of development...

In direct answer to this, I already abandoned the idea of extracting ASIN - as there are two few books that have this to justify the effort (particular given there is no pattern to the number itself). I will leave it up to the Amazon plugin in Calibre 0.8 to populate it.

The new Extract ISBN is ready for release now, much nicer with it running in the background. I will release it when 0.7.58 comes out as mentioned above, anyone running from source is welcome to PM me their email to test it.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #104
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@kiwidude: Be aware that on windows having a background process that is opening files for reading in the calibre library is not a good idea. For instance, if the user tries to change metadata for a book while the background process has the file open for reading, calibre will try to copy that file to the new location based on the new metadata and windows will barf.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #105
kiwidude

Thx Kovid, yeah I have seen that problem in the past (not with this plugin, with other scenarios where the file was locked like Microsoft LIT reader from memory).

It will just have to be part of the "usage" warnings for this plugin I think as without a pessimistic locking mechanism in place I obviously can't really control what records the user edits while it is running. It should only be if they change the author or title (or delete the book) though right?