Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Speaker issues on KFHD

I just noticed there is no "Troubleshooting" tag for this forum.

Anyway, my KFHD speakers are no longer working.

I DO have sound via the HDMI cable when connected to my TV, with headphones and an external portable speaker.

I DON'T have sound when I try to listen to it naturally.

I've rebooted multiple times with to no avail. I'm backing up my apps right now so I can do a factory reset in hopes that will help.

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, was there a solution?

If the reset doesn't work, I'll make the call to Amazon for a replacement. BTW, my Fire is rooted.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Rooted??

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If the reset doesn't work, I'll make the call to Amazon for a replacement. BTW, my Fire is rooted.
Rooting may have overwritten the firmware which sustains the speakers. I suggest you un-root it and then see if the sound works.

Rooting may also cancel your one year warrenty from Amazon.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Rooting may have overwritten the firmware which sustains the speakers. I suggest you un-root it and then see if the sound works.

Rooting may also cancel your one year warrenty from Amazon.
No, rooting did not cause the problem because it's been rooted for months with no issue. Plus I found other folks who have had the same issue on non-rooted Kindle Fires on the the Amazon forums. I think somehow it got stuck in headphone mode (I had a cell phone that used to do this).

I did a factory reset it this morning and the sound issue is resolved. I think it is still rooted because some of my rooted apps including Super SU are still present. I know for sure later today when I have time to test the apps.

Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: I can confirm that I am still rooted and sound is still working.

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-25-2013 at 09:24 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote