Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur
NoHolyGrail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (previously owned PRS-500, PRS-600)
Features list

Does anybody know where I can find a list of the features that OpenInkpot has? Particularly, I'm wondering whether it supports highlighting and dictionary, and if so are they are any limitations on which devices. I searched the forum and OpenInkpot website and couldn't find the answers.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
It doesn't support either of those features (although a dictionary is being worked on).

I found the User Manual very useful for these sorts of questions: Lots of useful screenshots and explanations. (Click on the screenshots to view them at a readable size).

http://openinkpot.org/wiki/0.2/UsersGuide

The only thing I've noticed that isn't in the manual is a complete list of the actions you can assign to keys. (If you're going to use the number keys, I'd recommend customizing the actions. IIRC, the default settings include a "decrease font size" key, but not an "increase" one. Of course if you _don't_ use the number keys, then you just press the "zoom" button to get a list of font sizes).
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Just a small correction: there's been a dictionary function available for some time, but only in CoolReader and you had to download a dictionary yourself. It seems to be broken (overriden by built-in English-Russian dict) in recent snapshots so if you want to check it out, try some of the stable releases.