Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
Sleepcover for Kobo Glo

Am thinking about purchasing Kobo Glo along with official Kobo sleepcover for it. The question I have is, can you flip the front of the cover back 180 degrees to have it behind the reader when reading or do you always have to have it open like a regular book?
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:42 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I had the official sleepcover (fabric) and it was just alright for me. It did fold back. I passed it on in favour of a Gecko Slimfit, which I vastly prefer. It's more comfortable in the hand, comes in better colours, and is quite a bit smaller, which means it now fits conveniently in a particular handbag pocket of mine.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
willburn
willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.willburn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo glo, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturg View Post
Am thinking about purchasing Kobo Glo along with official Kobo sleepcover for it. The question I have is, can you flip the front of the cover back 180 degrees to have it behind the reader when reading or do you always have to have it open like a regular book?
It's a goof purchase. Indeed, you can flip back the front cover as you ask. Is lighter and hard enough to protect the screen.

[Images violate guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Cheers.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-16-2014 at 04:09 PM.
willburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:42 AM   #4
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
I did get my Glo with the black leather-like sleepcover and do like it a lot. I love the autosleep function. My wife got the gray fabric one.
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I had the official sleepcover (fabric) and it was just alright for me. It did fold back. I passed it on in favour of a Gecko Slimfit, which I vastly prefer. It's more comfortable in the hand, comes in better colours, and is quite a bit smaller, which means it now fits conveniently in a particular handbag pocket of mine.

That looks like a great cover, but at a conversion price of $38.41 it's a bit steep in price.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
That looks like a great cover, but at a conversion price of $38.41 it's a bit steep in price.
It's moderately expensive from here too - but then, the official cover is $40 retail (or $45 if you shop the more expensive shops). I figure it was worth not compromising for something I use so often.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
It does indeed flip back. I recommend the grey cover, because it is fabric; my friend has the black one which is more of a vinyl, and we both agree it's less comfortable to hold, and also can get scratched. Very pleased with this cover:

http://www.kobo.com/accessories/kobo...over-grey.html
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote