Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Let me reintroduce myself....

I say "reintroduce" cause I've been cackling for quite a bit. Figure I should go back. I'm a Houstonian who can probably count the amount of novels I'd read on two hands, and those were short. I do read a lot of trade paperbacks however and that's kind of where the crossover started. One mister Neil Gaiman. Really the guy is everywhere. Reading the premise of American Gods (first novel I plan to read in a long time) while looking for more of his comic work started the itch. Ok, I am currently reading World War Z, so it won't be that long of a time since I read a book. Already I'm tired of holding it open to read. I also don't like feeling how much thick book is left for me to read. It's hard to just keep walking for me when I know the destination is so far away. I heard great things about e-ink, but I always fancied the Kindle as fashion technology much like most Apple products. And didn't want to gamble on anything else with out seeing it first hand.

One day, I happen to see the demo for the Sony PRS-505 in Target and was blown away. It took a year later though before I should enough interest into buying something. That $300 price tag was a bit to rich for my blood. Recently seeing all of these $200 options led me to bite the bullet. I'm now waiting for my black Astak Pocket Pro to arrive on Thursday. Even thinking about taking off that Friday to play with it, seeing as it has to charge 12 hours.

Also rambling on comes easy sometimes. Other times, not so much.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Rewelcome to MobileRead, Xerxes!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Xerxes and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote