Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
allyourbase
allyourbase began at the beginning.

Device: ViewSonic airpanel V110
Hello World

Hello all,
So today my boss hands me a ViewSonic airpanel v110 and says have fun with it. :-)

So now all I have to do is figure out how to do that. I would love to learn how to update the device as it seems very dated. From what I can tell it has a limited version of WinCE on it, ver 1.01.0056.14 that is not really full CE.

Are there any how-to's out there that will guide me step by step in getting this thing to it's full potential, firmware flash, upgrades, etc. ?

thanks for listening.

ayb
allyourbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, ayb.

Surely someone here will be able to help you. We have lots of great people.

In the meantime, tell us where you are from and what you like to read, and if you 've downloaded any of the great books available here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
allyourbase

Thanks desertgrandma,
I am from southern New Hampshire, just north of Boston.

I have not downloaded any books as I did not know there were any to download. I will have to look for that more closely. I gravitate towards non-fiction but read fiction as well. I would not call myself an avid reader. So many things on my plate right now that I find it hard to make the time. One son exiting college one going into college, my time is not my own if you know what I mean.

favorite books:
The Riddle of the Sands
The Last of the Mohicans
The Cookoo's Egg

thanks
ayb
Old 05-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
oooeeee..........are you in for a pleasent surprise.

Look up. See the little tag that says "ebooks"?

Click on it. You can sort by author, genre, or title. They are all public domain, and all have been lovingly hand formatted by someone here.

You can download directly to your computer, you don't even need a dedicated device.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ayb and welcome to MobileRead. Enjoy your new toy (once you figure it out)
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyourbase View Post
favorite books:
The Riddle of the Sands
The Last of the Mohicans
The Cookoo's Egg
I'm with you on two of those. Riddle of the Sands is a rattling good yarn. I see I have a copy in the Giant Mystery Collection , so I expect I'll be re-reading it soon.

Cuckoo's Egg was a terrific book in its day. I wonder if it's a bit dated now. Did you read it recently?

But Last of the Mohicans? I found it dry and lifeless, and gave up after a couple of chapters. Should I try it again, do you think?

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
allyourbase

try the other leatherstocking series first then, "The Deerslayer" perhaps, I liked cookoo's egg but I work in IT so I guess I'm biased a bit. It has been a while though. ;-)

ayb