Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
adenbley
adenbley began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
file association broken in 0.4.127?

i was able to double click on .lrf files until the update, now it gives the message "calibre is already running", which while it is already running, i would still like the book to be imported. i thought i'd ask here for comments before submitting a ticket. this is on windows.
thank you
adenbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Did you setup the file association manually?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
adenbley

yes, i used "open with" and chose calibre.exe. it is still working on my xp box, but not the vista one (hadn't checked when i started the post).
btw i'm in eagle rock if you wanted me to bring it by somewhere.

Last edited by adenbley; 01-13-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I dont recall if windows allows you to customize the arguments passed to a file association command, but if it does you can use

Code:
calibredb.exe add filename
As the command to associate
Old 01-14-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
adenbley

vista does not have an "easy" way to set switches when setting file associations, but i tried a couple ways and was semi-successful, the problem with using "calebredb.exe add filename" is that calibre doesn't refresh until you restart calibre. did you want me to open a ticket for a feature requesting that "calibre.exe filename" imports a file into the current session?
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

As far as I know calibre.exe filename should still be working, indeed adding books via calibredb should also refresh the GUI, if it's not, open a bug report.

Tags
0.4.127, file association