Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Turning off WiFi inside a Book on the Paperwhite (Yeah I already knew the answer)

I just had to get this outta my system so I asked Amazon Support. (Mind you I sent an email asking this same question yesterday and some nimrod gave me a pat response on how to turn WiFi off in general)

I feel for all the Kindle Touch users that have wanted this feature for a loooong time.

You are now connected to Annson from Amazon.com.

Me:Is there a short cut to turning off WiFi when reading a book on my new Kindle Paperwhite?

Annson:Hello, my name is Annson. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:Hi

Annson:I understand that you want to know if there's a short cut to turning off Wifi while reading a book on Paperwhite.
Let me check that for you.

Me:Yessir

Annson:May I have the name on your account?

Me:<insert name here>

Annson:Thank you. Your email address is <insert email here>, correct?

Me:yes

Annson:Thanks. Unfortunately, there's no option to turn off Wifi while reading a book on your Kindle and you will need to turn it off manually from the Menu. We'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements. I'll be sure to pass your message along to the appropriate department as we continue to improve the Kindle experience for our customers.

Me:That's too bad. I've also got a Kindle Keyboard that can do that function which I use all the time. Please do pass that on for hopefully a software upgrade down the road.

Annson:I understand. That's actually a good suggestion. I'll let the Kindle team know about this feature.

Me:At least you understood my question. I submitted this via an email yesterday and all I got back was an obviously programmed response of how to turn WiFi off via the menu.

Annson:I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Customer feedback like yours is always important to us.

Me:Thank you and 'bye. Have a nice day.

Annson:You're welcome. Thanks. You too!
Thanks for visiting Kindle support. We hope to see you again.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
They told me the same thing on the K4. I told them I use to be able to why was this remove? One rept said it might have been a mistake the other was clueless. I gave up and sent a long email to the Kindle feedback email.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
It would be nice to have a gesture or something to turn it on.

Oh yeah and a gesture to adjust the brightness.

Over all I do like my PW. My KK is starting to feel a bit slighted, I think.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
They could add a preference to turn wireless off automatically after 'n' minutes (where you get to say what 'n' is). And another preference to add an option to bypass the 'reconnect?' dialog when you do something that requires it to be on (kindle store, wikipedia, sharing etc.).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
iJn
iJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animalsiJn is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Deleted.

Last edited by iJn; 10-13-2012 at 09:10 PM.
iJn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
They could add a preference to turn wireless off automatically after 'n' minutes (where you get to say what 'n' is). And another preference to add an option to bypass the 'reconnect?' dialog when you do something that requires it to be on (kindle store, wikipedia, sharing etc.).
It'd also be handy if they could make it so that it automatically turned off while you were inside a book, and turned back on when you went to the menu. This would accomplish about the same thing, but less complicated for the user.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote