Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-03-2015, 06:59 PM   #526
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you update the change log (inside the Zip) and version, I can move it ti the first post. PM when ready please
Don't forget to update the version number - as has happened before

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #527
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Uh
Why did it go from 54KB to 165KB
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #528
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Uh
Why did it go from 54KB to 165KB
That version is built using the calibre-customize -b . command.

I don't have the reference right off hand, but Kovid said that plugin zip files should not be compressed. The reason given was for better load times. Which I expect is true if you have lots of PIs.

I compress FFDL anyway because it's 1M even with compression, but I try to follow that 'rule' with other plugins.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #529
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That version is built using the calibre-customize -b . command.

I don't have the reference right off hand, but Kovid said that plugin zip files should not be compressed. The reason given was for better load times. Which I expect is true if you have lots of PIs.

I compress FFDL anyway because it's 1M even with compression, but I try to follow that 'rule' with other plugins.
It is now in post (#1)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #530
MCBastos
Enthusiast
MCBastos began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A71
Exclamation Bug in the margins feature

I don't know if this has been reported before, but I noticed a bug in the "margins" feature, regarding the calculation of the image position.

It's easy to see it in action -- just create a cover with a centered image. Now define a really thick border around the image -- like, 30 pixels wide.

See it? That's right, the image is no longer centered -- it has been pushed to the right.
MCBastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:23 AM   #531
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad
Help with an error code?

I did a few custom covers a year or so ago with this wonderful plugin.

Now, I'm getting this error:

calibre, version 2.23.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QPixmap(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ImageView'
calibre 2.23 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM && K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM && Ignoble Epub DeDRM && Inept PDF DeDRM && Inept Epub DeDRM && Fantastic Fiction && Search The Internet && View Manager && Recipe Reader && eReader PDB 2 PML && Author Book Count && Similar Stories && all recipes Recipe Reader && Generate Cover && FanFictionDownLoader && Ex Libris && Find Duplicates && Barnes & Noble && Quick Preferences && Quality Check && Favourites Menu && User Category && EpubSplit && Copy Cover To Device && FictionDB && SmartEject && Modify ePub && Reading List && Overdrive Link && EpubMerge && Webscription && Manage Series && Count Pages && Goodreads
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.action", line 62, in _generate_cover
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 1343, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 152, in __init__
TypeError: QPixmap(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ImageView'

Am I doing something wrong???
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #532
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kksdragons View Post
I did a few custom covers a year or so ago with this wonderful plugin.

Now, I'm getting this error:
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 152, in __init__
TypeError: QPixmap(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ImageView'

Am I doing something wrong???
Update to the current version of the plugin. This problem was fixed ~ 2 months ago.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:34 PM   #533
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad
Thanks so much! It's working beautifully!
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:15 PM   #534
Bixel925
Bixel925 began at the beginning.

Device: Droid Turbo
Ok, just did a quick search on this thread for a way to get covers to be full screen but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know how to get a cover to show up full screen instead of looking like it's an inserted image?
Bixel925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:08 AM   #535
Feynor
Enthusiast
Feynor began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed. with Moon Reader+ and Google Books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixel925 View Post
Ok, just did a quick search on this thread for a way to get covers to be full screen but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know how to get a cover to show up full screen instead of looking like it's an inserted image?
That is as far as I know mostly due to the readers, they are the ones adding the page margins. Most e-books I've bound have had a minimal 5 px margin, just in case the book doesn't add them.
Feynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:47 PM   #536
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynor View Post
That is as far as I know mostly due to the readers, they are the ones adding the page margins. Most e-books I've bound have had a minimal 5 px margin, just in case the book doesn't add them.
Actually I found a way for my Sony reader PRS-T3S but I don't know if every reader works the same.

I noticed that Sony makes a border left and right with my covers I created, and with that stretched the cover when using the book cover in sleeping mode. Even when I used Sony's own resolution size 758 x 1024 (96 dpi)! Don't ask me why.

I could solve this my actually not keeping aspect ratio when making the epub.

That stretched the image in sleeping mode to full size (which is actually the right size!), ignoring here that the image on the first page of the book is then stretched too (this side is not THAT important for me).

So with a bit trail and error I now use my covers in a size 1630 x 2200 and not keeping aspect ratio when making the epub. Perfect aspect ratio, no borders!

Mini

Last edited by MiniMouse; 07-26-2015 at 05:37 AM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #537
MCBastos
Enthusiast
MCBastos began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A71
Thumbs up Wishlist

I love this plugin (and FFF too -- I read a lot of Internet fiction, and both of them are very useful). But, since I use it A LOT, I have come to notice a few spots where improvement is still possible... consequently, a wishlist:

1. Being able to use different fonts for each element is nice, but different *colors* for each element would be even better -- with some background images, it's really hard to find a single color combo that gives decent contrast in different parts of the image.

2. As long as we are talking about fonts... choosing font variants (bold/italic and such) would also be nice.

3. Is there some way to render {series_index} in, say, Roman numerals? Or to adjust leading zeros? If there is, perhaps it could be exposed in the UI.
MCBastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:12 AM   #538
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBastos View Post
I love this plugin (and FFF too -- I read a lot of Internet fiction, and both of them are very useful). But, since I use it A LOT, I have come to notice a few spots where improvement is still possible... consequently, a wishlist:

1. Being able to use different fonts for each element is nice, but different *colors* for each element would be even better -- with some background images, it's really hard to find a single color combo that gives decent contrast in different parts of the image.
I'll Second this
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:51 AM   #539
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBastos View Post
3. Is there some way to render {series_index} in, say, Roman numerals? Or to adjust leading zeros? If there is, perhaps it could be exposed in the UI.
When you want leading zeros for your series_index use the custom text field for that. When you put {series_index:0>3s} in, you will get your series_index with two leading zeros.

Or you can use the 'Other Options' Series Text field.
(Book {series_index:0>3s} of '{series}')
would give you for example: (Book 001 of 'Sword of Truth')
That is what I like to use

Mini

Last edited by MiniMouse; 07-27-2015 at 03:14 AM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #540
schaufel
schaufel began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini 2
I would really love to use this plugin, but I have a request: an option to make a bar of color behind the text. I put a lot of fanfiction on my iPad, and I use fanart, screenshots, or panels from comics as the cover images. I like the entire picture to be the cover, nut just an inset, but just plain text gets lost in the image. I've attached a few images to show what I mean. The first one, I made myself in Photoshop, and the second image I found on DeviantArt for an alternative look.

Also, I'd like to use just a generic-looking cover for fanfics where I can't find an appropriate piece of fanart, but my Google-fu is failing me. Does anyone know where I can find any sort of images like the old iBooks' generic covers? The new ones stink - I liked the leather-looking ones on the old iBooks that came in all sorts of colors. I'd love to make something like that a default template.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	819.4 KB
ID:	141383   Click image for larger version

Name:	deathless___marija_morevna_es_a_halhatatlan_cover_by_whoisnot-d59a0ms.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	141384  

Last edited by schaufel; 08-24-2015 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Clarification