Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
godlike1001
godlike1001 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Help, Nook battery dies after a few hours

Ive noticed my wifi wont turn off when I put the nook to sleep, as a result I have to put it into airplane mode which disables the wifi fine.

However after about 6hrs of sleep, I turned on my nook to find it almost dead (it was full charged prior to sleep)

any ideas?
godlike1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Start with rebooting it. Hold the power button down for 20 seconds to shut it all the way down, then turn it back on. See if that helps.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Not familiar with the nook, but on some other units, the battery needs to be charged fully and discharged a few (3?) times to calibrate the graphic battery meter. This is probably meaningless in your case, since the "calibrate" would be a matter of maybe being off as much as 1/4 charge, so even showing full and being 3/4 full shouldn't discharge in 6 hours in sleep mode.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
theagent
theagent began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Have you softrooted your nook? My battery drained completely overnight while in airplane mode and asleep. I had to turn off ADB in wifilocker to fix the problem.
theagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
How are you charging your nook? I've noticed that if I charge mine from an USB port on my PC it says that it is fully charged but I don't get near the battery life I would from charging at an outlet.

I also agree with what Doug says about rebooting your nook. Sometime Android has a service or app running in the background that hangs and doesn't allow your device to truly go into sleep mode. A reboot will usually fix this.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert