Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Exclamation I can not upgrade my Kindle DX 2.5.2 !

I tried to update my Kindle DX for version 2.5.2 to 2.5.4 by official update page:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...324680&#manual

but I got "U007" error code at the left bottom corner after fail.

This firmware what I tried with:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...e_dx_2.5.4.bin

At first .. should I upgrade to 2.5.4 or other release ? and why ?
What's binifit of updating ?

Last edited by meem; 06-08-2011 at 02:02 AM.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
meem
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

I tried agin to remove every hacks and Jailbreaks, It done successflly,
Then I tried to update again,

I got this status message at the right bottom corner of screen while updating:
Quote:
stage 1 of 3
Then:
Quote:
stage 2 of 3
Then:
Quote:
stage 3 of 3
And the device has been updated successflly after restarted.
Now I have v2.5.4.
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FYI, that was because you used an 'older' jailbreak which overworte Amazon's cert.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
meem

Which one ?
I used This way from Nifty:
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...istration_Hack

http://mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87686

In first time I can't uninstall it, until I installed it again then I uninstalled it !
Old 08-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, those overwrote the default cert.

clarknova's and mine don't, so they're update-safe.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 03:01 AM   #6
Dahaun
Dahaun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
What's the current firmware for kindle DXI ??
Dahaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:03 AM   #7
meem

Here is it:
http://amazon.com/update_kindle_dx_gw.bin
It's a dynamic link, to bring the latest firmware file.

The current version now is 2.5.4

Tags
firmware, kindle update, kindle upgrade, u007