Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Based on my understanding, it's only possible when iLiad supports USB-on-the-go. I don't know if iLiad does, but I guess not.

Added:
If iLiad does, then we don't have to use iRex's companion software to copy files from PC to iLiad.
You definitely don't need the companion software. A PC should be able to mount the iLiad as a generic "removable drive" via USB. I just meant that I didn't think a Linux PC would assign it to the /dev/sdb device (which is typically reserved for a HDD). I assume there would be another device name used for external USB devices (although it's possible that Linux is just doing a mapping to give it a more common name). The other thing I'm not sure of is if they're supposed to be formatting the raw device, or if there is supposed to be a partition. IE, /dev/sdb1 instead of just /dev/sdb
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #17
lorisgirl
Super newbie
lorisgirl began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad 2nd Edition
I always plug the iLiad over the USB, and I haven't installed any companion software... I wasn't even aware there was one. I always transfer files over USB. Shows up as a normal drive.

Edit: sorry, I didn't read your reply before sending, Shaggy. Every time I plug an external device it's assigned as sdb, that's why I didn't think it weird to see the iLiad showing as this partition.
lorisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #18
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorisgirl View Post
sorry, I didn't read your reply before sending, Shaggy. Every time I plug an external device it's assigned as sdb, that's why I didn't think it weird to see the iLiad showing as this partition.
No problem. I think most of us were confused at first because we thought you were doing the formatting on the iLiad, not on a PC with the iLiad mounted via USB. When you started talking about Linux commands, I think we assumed you were working on the iLiad directly (at least, that's what I was thinking).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #19
lorisgirl
Super newbie
lorisgirl began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad 2nd Edition
yeah, now I get it. I'm glad everything is working out fine now. Thanks so much for all the help, guys!
lorisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, iliad, reflashing, troubleshooting