Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
Antares
Antares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to behold

Device: none
Arrow Where to order/buy the new aura?

Hello people,

Since Kobo help desk wasn't helpful
I've been lurking the forum a bit to see if someone else posted this question but i couldn't find a positive answer about it. i currently don't live in the US nor Canada but i have a friend in Los Angeles that can order this device for me. But im unable to find some site to order it, from where do you order it?

thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english it's not my native language
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
You can order it directly from the kobo website if ordering from the US. If you're willing to pay an extra fifteen dollars you can also order it from chapters indigo (Canadian book store) and they will ship to the US. Those ar the two cheapest options but there are other more expensive sites.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
My local bookstore (Third Place Books) carries Kobo products, but they don't have the Aura yet. I asked them, and they said they were at the mercy of their supplier and would probably get them in by the end of the month. So it sounds like the non-Kobo/Chapters/FNAC supply chain isn't quite ready yet.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
Antares
Antares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to beholdAntares is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
You can order it directly from the kobo website if ordering from the US. If you're willing to pay an extra fifteen dollars you can also order it from chapters indigo (Canadian book store) and they will ship to the US. Those ar the two cheapest options but there are other more expensive sites.
Thanks for the quick answers,
Only 15 dollars shipping from Canada?
I tried but when i go kobo.com / Aura / find a retailer / US - Kobo i get this (see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	112590  
Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
If that comes up like that, is it possible to have your US friend just order it for you from the site?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
Antares

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
If that comes up like that, is it possible to have your US friend just order it for you from the site?
By phone you mean? well, he doesn't speak english, lol, besides "hello, mucho gusto my name is Manuel" he's there only for 1 month.

I checked Indigo site and apparently they do it for 21 dollars, wich sounds right to me, and it will be delivered by Oct 25. How accurate are they? (my friend leaves town on november 3rd)
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Two things. You get that site because YOU are not in the US. Even if you set your payment details to a US credit card and set a US billing/shipping address Kobo will not show you purchasing options/prices of you are elsewhere (being in Mexico I faced the same problem, using a US based web proxy I could see the buying options but not log in to comp lete the purchase). If your friend is in the US he should be able to see the real US page and order. The estimated shipping time from Kobo is ten to fourteen days and they don't charge shipping. But remember, whether you choose Kobo or chapters, the shipping times are estimates, not guarantees, which means it could be much faster or experience unforeseen delays (worst case scenario).

Oh, and Kobo doesn't take orders over the phone. Otherwise you could just Skype their toll free number and avoid the hassle (I tried and was shot down).

There is a thread with a guy who ordering from chapters indigo and his experience (including shipping time).

Last edited by Nightyume; 10-02-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
Antares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
Two things. You get that site because YOU are not in the US. Even if you set your payment details to a US credit card and set a US billing/shipping address Kobo will not show you purchasing options/prices of you are elsewhere (being in Mexico I faced the same problem, using a US based web proxy I could see the buying options but not log in to comp lete the purchase). If your friend is in the US he should be able to see the real US page and order. The estimated shipping time from Kobo is ten to fourteen days and they don't charge shipping. But remember, whether you choose Kobo or chapters, the shipping times are estimates, not guarantees, which means it could be much faster or experience unforeseen delays (worst case scenario).

Oh, and Kobo doesn't take orders over the phone. Otherwise you could just Skype their toll free number and avoid the hassle (I tried and was shot down).

There is a thread with a guy who ordering from chapters indigo and his experience (including shipping time).
Oh, i see. well, im from South America, so that could be the issue.

Thanks bro. Thank you all, if i can get my hands on this, im going to be around here a lot, hehe.

Tags
aura, order