Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
anniesahu1
anniesahu1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Question Just bought a new Pocket edge..need help!

I need to know whether it was a good decision to buy the Pocket edge..i have heard some really good things about it but also heard some bad things! I am kind of scared..now that i have ordered. i am going to use it a lot as i am still a student, and do you it is a good device for a high school student? i heard its really slow? any pocket edge users out there? is it really slow?

anniesahu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I would have LOVED to have one of these in school! It's a fabulous way to keep all your notes, calendars, etc. in one place.

The only downside I see to mine is that it has some quirks, I'm running the Ermine 2.2 Beta, and some programs cause it to have issues. Random, unpredictable issues, like won't hibernate, loses sound, etc. So I recommend you root it and get Titanium Backup, then if you run into any problems, you can run golden update reset it back to the previously stable setting.

I also don't recommend downloading the Amazon free app of the day, that's the one that usually messes it up! But, I've found some good programs that way, so if you want to try them out, install the backup program first.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
The android side is about like most of the cheaper tablets speed wise and no more quirky than others. All tablets with android have their issues due to the fact they are tablets not phones. I'm quite impressed overall with the pe.

The eink side when using as a note book is slightly slow to respond to the pen but you get used to it rather quickly - I did anyway. If you don't like it there is a paint program that you can do handwritten notes on that is more responsive/it runs on the android side (magic paint as I remember).

Overall, you should get some good use out of it I would think. I would have loved it for school both as a student then later as teacher, but then I was born just a few years to soon for all the current toys :-)

Welcome to the world of Edge and the forum.

If you run into problems just post, there are some very knowledgeable folks here.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Annie, welcome!

Everybody has a different experience, but I love my PE. Do you read for pleasure? If so, there's nothing better than waiting in line, or riding the bus, lost in your book. Then, when you're in range of wi-fi you have access to the whole internet as well.

Once you learn what it does and how to use it, I doubt you will regret your purchase. It's ideal for keeping track of assignments and anything else you have to do, like shopping, or comparing colleges. And as Exscentric says, people here will try to help if you need us.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket edge