Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 02:16 AM   #286
jumpfunky
jumpfunky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Anyone?
jumpfunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:04 AM   #287
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpfunky View Post
Anyone?
What character in *nix scripting introduces a comment?

Hint:
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/special-chars.html
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #288
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
No, not in case of the launchpad configuration. From the original launchpad.ini:
Code:
;;; hotkey actions are defined below as <key_sequence> = <action_command>
;;; one action definition per text line.
;;;
;;; <key_sequence> is a blank separated list of key symbolic names. See keydefs.ini for details.
;;; <action_command> describes the action to execute on a particular hotkey sequence.
;;; Currently three type of action supported depending on the first character of the
;;; command string:
;;;  '!' -- shell command. The <action_command> string excluding the leading '!' is sent to the
;;;         system shell, exactly as it was typed from the console.
;;;  '@' -- Kindle Framework script. The <action_command> string excluding the leading '@' is interpreted
;;;         as a name of a special script containing command information obeying format of
;;;         the known hotkeys package. The main purpose of these scripts is to simplify
;;;         entering special symbols into kindle Framework search box
;;;  '#' -- Kindle Framework key sequence. Similar to the above, but doesn't require
;;;         external script.
;;;   all other command strings are interpreted as a sequence of a send_key commands. The contents of these
;;;   commands gets interpreted and sent as a sequence of simulated keystrokes to the input subsystem.
;;;   Such commands consist of the space-separated tokens, which can be symbolic key names and/or
;;;   ascii strings enclosed in quotes (")
;;;
;;;   Note: to correctly accept  kindle key sequence starting with a special
;;;         symbol, the Framework search box should be brought up, if not already.
;;;         Press the 'Del' key on Kindle in order to bring the search box up
As far as I can see in the launchpad code, the "#" sequence uses the "sendkey" command, whereas the unqualified sequence will actually send keystrokes to the input subsystem. So - just remove the "#" and the apostrophes, I think:

Code:
W = FW_Up
X = FW_Down
A= FW_Left
D = FW_Right
S = FW_Press
should work, I think.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #289
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Luckily for the end-users, there are still people here to catch my mistakes.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #290
Nivos
Nivos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wifi
Hello,

I have tried to install launchpad on my kindle 3 wifi but after putting the "update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3w_install.bin" file in the root folder of my kindle the "Update your kindle" button was grayed out. I tried to restart the kindle and it couldn't install the firmware. It gave me an "error 3" message. Any help would be appreciated.
Nivos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2015, 07:45 AM   #291
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Nivos: Use MRPI.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:30 AM   #292
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
@Nivos:
Quote:
I have tried to install launchpad on my kindle 3 wifi but ... "Update your kindle" button was grayed out.
Do you have FW 3.4.1 ?

@Niluje: I prefer launchpad, What can i do ?
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:35 AM   #293
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by misojogi View Post
@Niluje: I prefer launchpad, What can i do ?
MrPI is the Mobileread Package Installer.

Niluje meant that MrPI should be used to install the package that will not install using the UYK method.
He did not mean it was a substitute for launchpad.

(I either have a "clear channel" from here to France this morning, or he left his mind on "broadcast".)

Last edited by knc1; 06-23-2015 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #294
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup .

Although the latest MRPI snapshots will *also* correctly reject such packages, since letting them through was technically a bug .

The sure-fire way to make them work is to repackage them, most likely with KindleTool, or a fixed legacy packager if you're feeling adventurous.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #295
flwng22
flwng22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yup .

Although the latest MRPI snapshots will *also* correctly reject such packages, since letting them through was technically a bug .

The sure-fire way to make them work is to repackage them, most likely with KindleTool, or a fixed legacy packager if you're feeling adventurous.
It works after I repackage the launchpad Bin file with kindletool! Thanks :P
flwng22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #296
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Code:
It works after I repackage the launchpad Bin file with kindletool!
please can you repackage from launchpad
update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3g_install.bin
update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3gb_install.bin
update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3w_install.bin

i dont unterstand what I have to do
I have Kindle 3 (FW 3.4.2) and KUAL MRPI is for FW 5,6 >=
therefore i canot do it
Old 08-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #297
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by misojogi View Post
Code:
It works after I repackage the launchpad Bin file with kindletool!
please can you repackage from launchpad
update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3g_install.bin
update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3gb_install.bin
update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3w_install.bin

i dont unterstand what I have to do
I have Kindle 3 (FW 3.4.2) and KUAL MRPI is for FW 5,6 >=
therefore i canot do it
The MRPI works here on my K3 with FW 3.4.2, so I imagine it will for you as well. That is how I got launchpad installed on my K3. Try it, you will like it.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #298
misojogi
Enthusiast

thank YOU
i achieve succes! Halelujah !
my launchpad is OK

-------------------------------
I had only instaled jailbreak before.

I have to use: KUAL, than install MKK, than place MRPI into USBroot directory(replace directory of kual extension) and then place launchpad.BIN into mrpackages

and than i can install launpad through the MRPI(from helper of KUAL)
Old 09-11-2015, 03:01 AM   #299
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Since h1uke isn't here and people keep asking why launchpad won't install on their K3's I have repackaged it with the latest kindletool and updated the first post.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:56 AM   #300
misojogi
Enthusiast

Quote:
I have repackaged it with the latest kindletool and updated the first post
thank you very much!