Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
No-kindle
No-kindle began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Kindlefeeder alternative for Nook, Kobo etc???

I wonder if someone can help me.

I love the Kindlefeeder service for Kindles, but I want to get away from Amazon and use my Nook or another ePub reader like the Kobo or the Sony etc.

Is there an alternative to Kindlefeeder that works for these readers, and which will compile my newsfeeds as an ebook that I can download DIRECTLY over wifi?

Please understand I am NOT talking about Calibre. Yes, I know I can use Calibre to download my newsfeeds as an ebook onto my PC and then sideload it onto my ebook reader. I also believe if I set up my own online server I can use it to do the same over wifi. But I have no idea how to set up a server and I don't have a spare PC I can just leave running 24/7 to do that with.

I am talking about a simple, turnkey service that lets me download my newsfeeds directly, over the air, onto my Nook.

With my Kindle I can be anywhere in the world. If I get into a wifi hotspot I can open up my last Kindlefeeder file and from there download a new file, completely updated with all the latest news. I do not need to set up and run a server. I do not need to use a PC. Direct. Sweet.

Feedbooks.com used to offer a similar service for everyone but for some bizarre reason they stopped. I would have happily paid them a yearly subscription for the service.

Nookfeed doesn't seem to work and would need a PC anyway.

Can anyone help?
No-kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
tagtag
tagtag began at the beginning.

Device: Nook wifi (B&W)
+1 on this request.
tagtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
No-kindle, you need to say what type of Nook you have in order to have people help you, I think. There is essentially no chance of getting the type of thing you want to work on a Nook ereader like the Simple Touch or the Glow, IMHO. You MIGHT be able to get something like that on one of the color devices like the Color, Tablet, and the latest tablet-type models, which have browsers, regular internet connection, apps, etc.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, kindlefeeder, kobo, nook