Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #31
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem the top doesn't have any margin anymore.. My text is freakishly close to the top of the screen.

Edit: After checking a few other normal epubs I have to conclude it is just the book I first looked at "The Vampire's Assistant", that I borrowed from the public library Overdrive system.
Can you advise as to how you borrowed from overdrive? I dont seem to recall we had the ability to do so
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #32
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
Many thanks!

[I tried to save it from my c:\users\<username>\local settings folder structure, but Windows 7 seems to think I can't be trusted with my own computer and won't let me open the folder. I'm logged in and have Admin rights, what more does it want?! Stubborn sulky Windows, I hate it sometimes.

Ahem. So thanks for the download link!]
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #33
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Can you advise as to how you borrowed from overdrive? I dont seem to recall we had the ability to do so
Overdrive is the technology supplier for many local public libraries. They use Adobe ADE to loan out epubs with a time limit. It works the usual way: the library sends you an acsm file, you use it to download the epub with ADE on your desktop computer, then plug in the Kobo to transfer the epub. It times out on the Kobo when your loan is up.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #34
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
If you create a highlight or note in an ePUB you can post those to Facebook with whatever comment you wish to make. I haven't tried a PDF.
It sounds like we can do this for sideloaded epubs. Just checking if that's the case.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #35
TLB2
TLB2 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
I just upgraded to .17 firmware. I had no problems with .16 and continue to have no problems with this one
TLB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
Rainer Zenz
Groupie
Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch/Glo
MDK, there's one thing really annoying:

The margin on top of the screen is gone! First lines of E-Book sides are now unpleasently to read. PLEASE change back!

Rainer Zenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #37
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I upgraded. After some quick reading, page forwarding seems better (no missed taps). It did appear to miss some taps paging backwards?

Table of contents bug looks much better. It still happens, but only the first time you use it on a new book?

Footnotes are still flakey. Deleting books on the device is still a little flakey (need an extra tap to refresh). Getting a dictionary definition was flakey (need an extra tap.)

Kobo, thank you for working on missing taps while page turning.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #38
odin500
odin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to beholdodin500 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Over 3 months just to fix some bugs, improve the performance and fix the stability issues is a little disappointing to say the least!
My guess it there is like 1 programmer working on the firmware, so I'm sure they are doing the best they can, but some how I doubt kobo have put much resources into it.

Here was I expecting a boat load of amazing new features, sigh.
If the unit performs a lot better I may forgive them.
odin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #39
Boruteczko
Boruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer Zenz View Post
MDK, there's one thing really annoying:

The margin on top of the screen is gone! First lines of E-Book sides are now unpleasently to read. PLEASE change back!
No, there's another thing (or it's just me?): the side margins are completely gone.
Boruteczko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #40
critic
critic began at the beginning.

I seem to have 2 different versions of this firmware already.
The one in my Local Settings/Kobo directory contains
KoboRoot.tgz CRC A5B85D6D Size 59,280,207 Date 16/03/2012 09:18

The one linked here on the forums at http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-1.9.17.zip contains
KoboRoot.tgz CRC 2B005F71 Size 59,293,286 Date 16/03/2012 16:44

Both archives extract without errors. Perhaps a last minute correction, or a regional/affiliates thing (im in england).. ???
critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #41
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Anyone else having problems with 1.9.17 connecting to wifi? Every time I start up the web browser
or press the sync button, I get the loading animation on the top left of the screen for a
while. It then gives me a list of hotspots to connect to and I can choose my home network
and it connects instantly.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Seems like the margin issue is only an issue with sideloaded epubs (and only some of them) in my case. Kobo epubs all appear fine.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #43
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Maybe a really dumb question:

If I don't want to go to 1.19.17, can I stop the synching of the update?
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #44
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
I am amazed at the number of people that get so upset by little things. Is the Kobo perfect? No. But then what is? I honestly can't imagine how some people function in their daily lives if things this small get under their skin. And I sure hope they don't talk to people in person the way they post on this forum. Personally, I think the Kobo is a great reader, and my reading experience is better for it. This is also a great forum and an invaluable resource, i just wish some people would grow up. There, now I feel better. And, no, I have no affiliation with Kobo whatsoever.
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #45
Rainer Zenz
Groupie
Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch/Glo
The reader should show all Epubs in a correct manner. And he did up to this new firmware version.
Rainer Zenz is offline   Reply With Quote