Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #16
avidpubs
avidpubs began at the beginning.

Device: none
UNBELIEVABLE...... what a response......... probably the best forum I've ever joined online.
Thank you to all of the ( rather oddly named I have to say) members and experts who have been kind enough to spend a few minutes on My little problem.!!
avidpubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 AM   #17
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
You misunderstand somewhat or have worded this poorly.

The rights picture posses, or more accurately that the owners of the pictures posses, is their copyright rather than something different that is "as complicated as copyright". It is not a different class of rights and copyright isn't limited to words.

The complication comes from the pictures in a publication, both in the publication and any and all cover art, often have their own independent copyright. The text of a book may fall into public domain while the cover art or some included artwork, drawing or photograph, may still retain its copyright. This is why public domain books are often reproduced with new cover designs rather than their often better original cover art.
To that I would add that pictures may also have other impediments that go beyond copyright. For example, if you take a picture of a person and don't have a model release, you may be limited in the ways that you can use that photo.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
film book pages to ebooks