Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #106
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nusquama View Post
hi,

i have already update my kindle in 5.3.0 before jailbreak.

Can i go back to 5.2

thanks
No, not without opening it and soldering. Which part of the first post did you not understand?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #107
Julian1984
Enthusiast
Julian1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
No, not without opening it and soldering. Which part of the first post did you not understand?
Worst it's mine... it's from the first that are being sold in Spain and it cames with 5.3.0
Julian1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #108
nusquama
nusquama began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Which part of the first post did you not understand?
I'am french and i don't speak english very well...
nusquama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #109
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian1984 View Post
Worst it's mine... it's from the first that are being sold in Spain and it cames with 5.3.0
Amazon has a 30 day, no questions asked, return policy.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #110
nusquama
nusquama began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I have my kindle today because i buy the first day on shop. Now, in french, the next delivery is february !
nusquama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #111
Julian1984
Enthusiast

Quote:
So... what's the point?
Old 11-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #112
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
First KPWs are being delivered here in Italy, with 5.3.0.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #113
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
So... what's the point?
If you do not like being locked out - return it.
That is your decision to make, not ours to provide you with a solution.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #114
Julian1984
Enthusiast

Quote:
If you do not like being locked out - return it.
That is your decision to make, not ours to provide you with a solution.
Where did I asked for a solution? I've just informed that new PW that are being sold in Spain (and in in Italy as pirl8 sais) cames with 5.3.0 firmware.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #115
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Where did I asked for a solution? I've just informed that new PW that are being sold in Spain (and in in Italy as pirl8 sais) cames with 5.3.0 firmware.
Okay. Good info thanks
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #116
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Guys, no need to get upset.

There are essentially three things that people can do if they happen to have the "screw the user" version of the PW:
1. Live with it, as Amazon wants you to
2. Try to actively find an exploit which can be used for a jailbreak
3. Return it to Amazon

The 4th variant (opening it, soldering, and messing with u-boot etc.) isn't really recommended for the average user, but only for the really adventurous. (And I admit I wouldn't do it either).

I'd personally love it if everyone with the appropriate skills went for 2) BTW, you don't even necessarily need a PW, because the official 5.3.0 update contains the entire filesystem, which can be easily extracted from the .bin and mounted on the computer. But of course, actually having a device to try the ideas out is much easier than "zen cracking" (i.e., only analyzing dead code).

Last edited by ixtab; 11-22-2012 at 03:43 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote