Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Edge & Calibre workflow

I just wanted to share what I believe to be a very efficient way to get your calibre-organized content from your computer to your Edge.

Ingredients: calibre for computer, Leger calibre app for edge, dropbox for computer, dropbox app for edge, dropsync app for edge

1) create a second library in calibre that is located in your computer dropbox folder (use submenu of library icon)
2) copy the books that you want on your edge to this library (again through the submenu of the library icon)
3) create a folder on your SDcard where you want the books to appear
4) use dropsync to synchronize this folder with the calibre library in your edge dropbox folder
5) point Leger calibre to the synchronized folder

(+) When working on your computer you can easily decide and organize the content that will appear on your edge once you open it up.
(+) When opening Leger calibre on the Edge and long-clicking the books, you can decide with which application to read them, and thus if you want to read on the e-ink side or on the tablet side. In fact it is almost as good as having the books in the edge Library folder (maybe one could even try to use the edge Library folder in step 3, but I have not tried that)
(-) I still have to figure out a good way to control calibre on my computer through the edge in case I want to do modify content from my edge, maybe through androidVNC ...

Any comments ?
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thank you for posting this!

I'm still going through ES File Explorer to my Calibre folder on our LAN. Your method would be much better for multiple books, and for choosing which books you want since you can read about them in Calibre but not in File Explorer. Also good use of dropbox!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Thanks! I was using either the ES file explorer method before or downloading the books from a web browser on the edge through the calibre web server. Both methods were somehow cumbersome.

In addition, all apps needed to make the above work are completely free. In case some cannot be gotten for users without market access, let me know ...

Last edited by fekhner; 06-29-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: correction of a wrong statement
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
Lobotom1
Lobotom1 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Fekhner,

Thank you a lot for your finding and sharing. This makes my life much easier. (the internal library is a peace of s.... when you need to find a book on a big library)

Let's hope the calibre leger project will stay alive and developped for long

Lobo.
Lobotom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
songoffire
songoffire began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Works great, thanks for the tip. Much appreciated =)
songoffire is offline   Reply With Quote