Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
JackLiu
JackLiu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question How to output converted book into another directory?

It seems every time I convert a book, the converted book will output into the same directory where the original file in.

Here is the problem, If want to covert some large pdf file into smaller ones so I can read them easily on my kindle. The output file will replace the original file since they are same format and same name in the same directory.

So, I'm wondering is there a way to output the converted file into another directory, in the meanwhile I can still keep the original file.

Thanks, guys.
JackLiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can only have explicit control of file placement if you use Calibre at the command line level bypassing the GUI

However I am a little confused as Calibre cannot chop the PDF into smaller files. Assuming that you are doing this outside Calibre why cannot you add each smaller file as a separate entry in Calibre?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
JackLiu
JackLiu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
http://code.google.com/p/papercrop/

This is a great software to crop pdf files!
JackLiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLiu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
However I am a little confused as Calibre cannot chop the PDF into smaller files. Assuming that you are doing this outside Calibre why cannot you add each smaller file as a separate entry in Calibre?
http://code.google.com/p/papercrop/

This is a great software to crop pdf files!
itimpi's point is still valid, but if you still need help here is a link to the command line interface section of the manual.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote