Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #586
SMNonMR
SMNonMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook, and Android. Oh My!
Oh! Sorry, I didn't see it in the notes. Thank you!
SMNonMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:09 PM   #587
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Can someone please tell me if there's a way to download all the fics on my current "marked for later" page on AO3, the same way that I can download all the fics from any main AO3 page? Whenever I try this, using the "get story URLs from web page" it always tells me there are no valid URLs on the page. Is there a quick way to do this that I'm not seeing, or do I have to go one at a time?

Thanks for the help!
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #588
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
Can someone please tell me if there's a way to download all the fics on my current "marked for later" page on AO3, the same way that I can download all the fics from any main AO3 page? Whenever I try this, using the "get story URLs from web page" it always tells me there are no valid URLs on the page. Is there a quick way to do this that I'm not seeing, or do I have to go one at a time?

Thanks for the help!
I don't know about using the "get story URLs from web page" method, but when you click the main FFF button, you get a window that stays on top and lets you reposition it. You can then drag and drop the links into that window. You can drag as many as you want into that window before you have it download them.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:16 AM   #589
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:

Thanks for the help!
I'm not sure if this is the best test, since I only have 2 stories currently on my 'marked for later', but 'get story URLs from web page' worked for me. I had actually never tried the option before, so gave it a test run, both stories showed up no problem.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #590
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
If you don't have your username/password for AO3 set in your personal.ini, try adding them. FFF will login before going to AO3 pages.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2015, 09:14 PM   #591
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Odd. I have several pages on my Marked For Later list, I am logged in (I think, I'll double check that- yep, it's logged in) but it always gives me the same then when I try the Get Story URLs from web page- no valid URLS on the page.

Maybe I'm trying to get from the wrong page on AO3? But I don't know how else to access my Marked for Later list. Logged in--history--marked for later.

Tinkering around, it works on my bookmarks, so I can go through my marked for later list and bookmark them all instead, and download that way, better than nothing!

Last edited by diremommy; 10-06-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:44 AM   #592
Blackedout
Blackedout began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New test version posted (direct link):

2015-09-29
- base_xenforoforum: Add user/password login for QuestionableQuesting NSFW subforum. Note that this will mark posts 'read' in the forum for your user.
Well, when trying to test the test version on a NSFW QQ story gave me an error on this story, I do have my username and password in the personal.ini under the heading questionablequesting.com:
Code:
FFF:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(84):Logfile for book ID None (Worm CYOA: Things to do in Brockton Bay When You're a Bored Demigod ...)
FFF:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(85):url:(https://questionablequesting.com/threads/1247/) id:(None)
FFF:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(145):cookiejar:<LWPCookieJar[<Cookie P=jo6p6tbgiloj7859gks008s4i1 for .tthfanfic.org/>, <Cookie _otwarchive_session=BAh7CUkiD3Nlc3Npb25faWQGOgZFVEkiJTViNGQxNWE4NjczNmE5YzZjNDA4MWE5ZTliNjUwZDc2BjsAVEkiDnJldHVybl90bwY7AEYiJS93b3Jrcy80NjE0MjA0L2NoYXB0ZXJzLzEwNTE2OTUwSSIQX2NzcmZfdG9rZW4GOwBGSSIxc0s4TEt2YzZrek54YWVObFo2Y2EySTMvUmt5eWt0OW9Za1R4UmEvak85WT0GOwBGSSIKYWR1bHQGOwBGVA%3D%3D--fa8000508efe8d73057656f6e37806880281f5da for archiveofourown.org/>, <Cookie xf_mce_ccv=XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread%2CIndex%2CXenForo_ViewPublic_Thread_View for questionablequesting.com/>, <Cookie xf_session=65d59a17cabd85ae731a12347e0904f3 for questionablequesting.com/>]>
FFF:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.base_xenforoforum_adapter(130):url: https://questionablequesting.com/threads/1247/
FFF:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.base_adapter(282):#####################################
pagecache HIT: https://questionablequesting.com/threads/1247/
FFF:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.base_xenforoforum_adapter(135):use useurl: https://questionablequesting.com/threads/worm-cyoa-things-to-do-in-brockton-bay-when-youre-a-bored-demigod.1247/
FFF:DEBUG:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapters.base_adapter(282):#####################################
pagecache HIT: https://questionablequesting.com/threads/worm-cyoa-things-to-do-in-brockton-bay-when-youre-a-bored-demigod.1247/threadmarks
FFF:INFO:calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs(296):Exception: {u'outfile': u"C:\\Users\\Michael\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_udlzjz\\fanficfare_sonill\\Worm CYOA_ Things to do in Brockton Bay When You're a Bored Demigod ...-Gladiusone-i9yb3h.epub", u'calibre_columns': {}, u'icon': u'dialog_error.png', u'url': u'https://questionablequesting.com/threads/1247/', u'tags': [u'FanFiction', u'NSFW'], u'title': u"Worm CYOA: Things to do in Brockton Bay When You're a Bored Demigod ...", u'good': False, u'updatedate': datetime.datetime(2015, 9, 30, 0, 13, tzinfo=SafeLocalTimeZone()), u'status': u'Error', u'begin': None, u'listorder': 46, u'series': '', u'publisher': u'questionablequesting.com', u'site': 'questionablequesting.com', u'pubdate': datetime.datetime(2015, 3, 13, 0, 29, tzinfo=SafeLocalTimeZone()), u'password': '', u'end': None, u'author': [u'Gladiusone'], u'comments': u"<p><strong>Worm CYOA: Things to Do in Brockton Bay When You're A Bored Demigod ...</strong>  </p><blockquote><p> <strong>Chapter 1</strong><br /> </p></blockquote>", u'calibre_id': None, u'added': False, u'comment': u"u'fileupdated'", u'is_adult': False, u'timestamp': datetime.datetime(2015, 10, 7, 0, 38, 25, 291000, tzinfo=SafeLocalTimeZone()), u'author_sort': [u'Gladiusone'], u'username': 'NoneGiven', u'all_metadata': {'cover_image': '', 'description': u'<div class="messageText SelectQuoteContainer ugc baseHtml">\n\t\t\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t<span><b>Worm CYOA: Things to Do in Brockton Bay When You\'re A Bored Demigod ...</b></span><br/>\n <br/>\n<span><b>Chapter 1</b></span><br/>\n <br/>\n<span>\n\n\n</span></div>', 'dateUpdated': u'2015-09-30 00:13:00', 'langcode': '', 'tagsfromtitle': u'NSFW', 'characters': u'', 'formatext': '', 'numWords': '', 'title': u"Worm CYOA: Things to do in Brockton Bay When You're a Bored Demigod ...", 'rating': '', 'authorHTML': u"<a class='authorlink' href='https://questionablequesting.com/members/gladiusone.1818/'>Gladiusone</a>", 'warnings': u'', 'genre': u'', 'storyUrl': u'https://questionablequesting.com/threads/1247/', 'lastupdate': u'Last Update Year/Month: 2015/09, Last Update: 2015/09/30', 'status': '', 'numChapters': u'26', 'output_css': '', 'authorUrl': u'https://questionablequesting.com/members/gladiusone.1818/', 'series': '', 'seriesHTML': '', 'site': u'questionablequesting.com', 'category': u'', 'forumtags': '', 'authorId': u'gladiusone.1818', 'author': u'Gladiusone', 'language': '', 'seriesUrl': '', 'formatname': '', 'version': u'FanFicFare v2.2.13', 'siteabbrev': u'qq', 'storyId': u'1247', 'ships': u'', 'datePublished': u'2015-03-13 00:29:00', 'extratags': u'FanFiction', 'dateCreated': u'2015-10-07 00:33:52'}}:u'fileupdated'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs", line 202, in do_download_for_worker
KeyError: u'fileupdated'
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:17 AM   #593
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Odd. I have several pages on my Marked For Later list, I am logged in (I think, I'll double check that- yep, it's logged in) but it always gives me the same then when I try the Get Story URLs from web page- no valid URLS on the page.

Maybe I'm trying to get from the wrong page on AO3? But I don't know how else to access my Marked for Later list. Logged in--history--marked for later.

Tinkering around, it works on my bookmarks, so I can go through my marked for later list and bookmark them all instead, and download that way, better than nothing!
You haven't said if your name/password for AO3 is set in the "personal.ini" file for FFF?
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #594
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I wasn't talking about being logged in to AO3 in your browser--I was talking about having your AO3 user/pass in FFF's personal.ini:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
username:YourUser
password:YourPass
I added a number of stories to my Marked for Later list and it worked just fine for me to retrieve them using Get URLs from Page.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #595
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
Well, when trying to test the test version on a NSFW QQ story gave me an error on this story, I do have my username and password in the personal.ini under the heading questionablequesting.com:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.jobs", line 202, in do_download_for_worker
KeyError: u'fileupdated'
That's a problem that only happens with Overwrite if Newer mode, so I missed it in testing. Thanks for catching it.

That said, you should consider using Update EPUB instead--it saves a lot of network traffic.

New test version posted (direct link)
Old 10-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #596
diremommy
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I wasn't talking about being logged in to AO3 in your browser--I was talking about having your AO3 user/pass in FFF's personal.ini:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
username:YourUser
password:YourPass
I added a number of stories to my Marked for Later list and it worked just fine for me to retrieve them using Get URLs from Page.
I do have the personal.ini info, but I'll double check that it's all right. I know it doesn't ask for my info or to confirm I'm an adult anymore, so it should be correct. It seems to work for everyone but me, so it's obviously something I have messed up on my end.

For some reason, it works fine from the page of stories I've bookmarked, just not the marked for later page. I guess I'll just start bookmarking everything instead, thanks for trying to help!

Last edited by diremommy; 10-07-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:42 PM   #597
saluli
Connoisseur
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
Hi!

I am trying (without success) making the values that appear on AO3 Extra Tags be added to the Tags column, instead of in a different column.

it is possible?
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:11 PM   #598
tricklem
Connoisseur
tricklem began at the beginning.

Device: none
Has anyone else noticed that when grabbing story links from email that it grabs ones that you already did and have deleted from your inbox?
tricklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #599
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluli View Post
I am trying (without success) making the values that appear on AO3 Extra Tags be added to the Tags column, instead of in a different column.
The AO3 'Additional Tags' are, be default, included in genre for AO3, and genre, by default, is included in subject_tags, which is what is used to set Calibre's Tags.

You may have changed those defaults in your personal.ini config. But you can specifically add 'Additional Tags'. In your personal.ini, under [archiveofourown.org] add:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
add_to_subject_tags:,freeformtags
If AO3 has something different that's called 'Extra Tags', I'm going to need some example story URLs, because I haven't seen it.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #600
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricklem View Post
Has anyone else noticed that when grabbing story links from email that it grabs ones that you already did and have deleted from your inbox?
I haven't. Testing with a Gmail account, only UNSEEN messages are grabbed and messages deleted or marked deleted aren't included in the UNSEEN list.

I would speculate that either your email client isn't deleting the messages on the server right away when you tell it to, or if you are using a different email provider it may include messages marked deleted in UNSEEN.

What email client and provider are you using?

Tags
fanfiction