Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #271
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiyah
They must have added this in Kindle Keyboard. My settigs page is just one page (attached) and no Device Time on it, I was hoping that Librerator could do it. If I do connect to wireless and Amazon sees jailbreak, launchpad and Librerator, what happens?
Sorry for giving you the wrong instructions. I only have K3 and never even saw KDX. There is no option for setting time in Librerator. You can install usbnetwork hack, or terminal, and use unix command to set the time and date. Or look in KUAL extensions - I wouldn't be surprised if they have an extension for that.

My K3 contains jailbreak, launchpad, Librerator (and some other hacks), and although the wifi is on nothing happened (so far ). If you're paranoid, you can disable your kindle's phoning home - look for it in the posts in Developer's corner.

Quote:
Any idea what might cause this behavior?
I'm afraid not. You might want to try original KPV also, because the latest version of it is newer than Librerator and contains newer libraries. Maybe you'll have more luck with it.

Regards,
Kai
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #272
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
Sorry for giving you the wrong instructions. I only have K3 and never even saw KDX. There is no option for setting time in Librerator. You can install usbnetwork hack, or terminal, and use unix command to set the time and date. Or look in KUAL extensions - I wouldn't be surprised if they have an extension for that.

Regards,
Kai
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205732
KUAL DateTime Button
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #273
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiyah View Post
If I do connect to wireless and Amazon sees jailbreak, launchpad and Librerator, what happens?
Nothing. Why would anything happen?

I seriously doubt that Amazon "sees" them in the first place (well, theoretically, they could, either by making your Kindle execute some spyware, or possiby by very carefully looking at the logs... but as said I doubt it). And even so, it's your device, not theirs. You're not doing anything that is against the Kindle Terms of Use by installing and running custom software.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #274
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also Conditions of Use
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=508088
and more specifically
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...lsoftwareterms

No one here is trying to hurt Amazon.
Simple as that.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #275
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Also Conditions of Use
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=508088
and more specifically
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...lsoftwareterms

No one here is trying to hurt Amazon.
Simple as that.
But you have to just love these things that come out of their legal department:
Quote:
We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site or through the other Amazon Services.
Emphasis added.

Which might be understood to include forcing a firmware update to their device. Or to your device, depending on how you think of it.

They also use their "services" to communicate with ixtab about the Java interface in every new firmware release:

If you install the KUAL.Firewall with the BBB filter enabled -

Then, from all Amazon can tell, your Kindle just went silent.
Hmm, maybe it got run over by a truck, maybe you sat on it, who could say (other than you)?

Last edited by knc1; 08-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #276
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Thanks for the reassurance, guys. I bought a used kindle, so I do not have a warranty, but I did register it because it wouldn't let me make collections otherwise (this was before Librerator). These are the passages from Kindle DX user's guide (https://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kind...on_English.pdf pp.175-176) that scared me:

"You may not, and you will not encourage, assist or authorize any other person to, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Device or the Software, whether in whole or in part, create any derivative works from or of the Software, or bypass, modify, defeat or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the Device or Software... The Device Software will provide Amazon with data about your Device and its interaction with the Service (such as available memory, up-time, log files and signal strength) and information related to the content on your Device and your use of it..."
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #277
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Unlikely that can be enforced.
I think any real attorney (which I am not) would put that in the "wet dream" category.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #278
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance, guys.
No problem, you're welcome.

Quote:
I bought a used kindle, so I do not have a warranty, but I did register it because it wouldn't let me make collections otherwise (this was before Librerator). These are the passages from Kindle DX user's guide (https://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kind...on_English.pdf pp.175-176) that scared me:

"You may not, and you will not encourage, assist or authorize any other person to, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Device or the Software, whether in whole or in part,
...which you didn't. Yes, some other people here have reverse engineered Kindle software, but as much as Amazon would like to stamp their foot, reverse engineering is *explicitly LEGAL* almost everywhere in the world (with the notable exception of the self-proclaimed "land of the free" ...) - so these parts of the legalese are simply void for most everyone. And trying to forbid people to (physically) tear apart a device that they own is even more ridiculous.

Quote:
create any derivative works from or of the Software, or bypass, modify, defeat or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the Device or Software...
... which you didn't.

Quote:
The Device Software will provide Amazon with data about your Device and its interaction with the Service (such as available memory, up-time, log files and signal strength) and information related to the content on your Device and your use of it..."
Which it does. That is one of the reasons why I keep my Kindles in airplane mode almost all the time. What I read (yes, occasionally, I *do* read instead of trying the break the device ) is none of their business.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-19-2013 at 06:37 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #279
twobob

Hmmm... Read... There's a novel concept.
Bad pun intended.

I may actually use their default reader one day.
NAH! KoReader is like 10 times as good.

Sad really. but not as terrible as the B&N Nook software. which is truly tragic.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #280
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

I downloaded some ttf files into Librerator's font directory and individual fonts are working fine, but there is something wrong with font families. For example, you can see in thumbnails that there are four different fonts of Noto Serif family (bold, italic, etc.), but only single line Noto Serif appears in the font menu (not sure how Librerator decides which one to choose). I even put them all into a separate folder like droid, but it didn't help. How do I make Librerator pull up all the fonts from a family?

There are some fonts like cyrillic Droid Serif (which is good on my eyes) that I can not download, but can embed into epub using online converter. However, such epubs are displayed in the set font anyway. How do I make Librerator display epubs in the embedded font?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19700107205144.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	109748   Click image for larger version

Name:	19700107205420.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	109749   Click image for larger version

Name:	19700107205209.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	109750  
Old 08-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #281
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
How do I make Librerator pull up all the fonts from a family?
I'm sorry I can't help you with this. I don't know much about fonts.

Quote:
How do I make Librerator display epubs in the embedded font?
Sorry again. Librerator doesn't support embedded fonts in epub. You might have more luck with newer version of KPV.

Regards,
Kai
Old 08-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #282
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It can affect the translation into Italian? On transifex did not find anything. I have already done the translation for Koreader.
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #283
Kai771
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
It can affect the translation into Italian? On transifex did not find anything. I have already done the translation for Koreader.
It can be translated, but compared to KPV/KoReader, it's very low tech. I forked before KPV/KoReader started supporting transifex translation, and I didn't know about transifex. I simply moved all strings to lbrstrings.lua file, so if you want to translate, edit that file (make a copy first). I'd be happy to include translated lbrstrings.lua files (or links) in the first post, if someone wants to.

Regards,
Kai

Last edited by Kai771; 08-22-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #284
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast

I would like to disable the info message that Search displays so that I can go to the next search result quickly, but I do not see the coresponding DINFO parameter in defaults.lua.
Is it defined somewhere else? Also, is there a way to make it search backwards?
Thank you.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #285
Kai771
Just a Noob

Quote:
I would like to disable the info message that Search displays so that I can go to the next search result quickly, but I do not see the coresponding DINFO parameter in defaults.lua.
Is it defined somewhere else? Also, is there a way to make it search backwards?
Thank you.
There is no entry for search info message in defaults.lua - I never thought that someone would need that. You can disable it editing unireader.lua, function UniReader:searchHighLight() - just comment out InfoMessage line.

You can't search backward in Librerator, but you can add the feature yourself. The above mentioned function is a good place to start, I think.

Regards,
Kai

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader