Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
Question fist book page when comming out of sleep mode text is faint

If i have been reading a book and put the T1 into sleep mode, when i start reading again the first page text is very faint, but as soon as you turn to the next page, the text is fine, this happens with the pre-installed books as well

I have updated from firmware 1.0.00.09010 to the latest 1.0.03.11140 and the problem remains.

I have previously had an PRS-600 and an Kindle DX and have not seen this before.

Is this normal?

Thanks

John.
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Yes, this behavior is normal for the T1. I swipe the page forward and then back to refresh it.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
It's normal and it happens on my PRS-950 and PRS-350 as well. It's because only actual page turns in books seem to do a full refresh. So coming out of sleep mode, your reader hasn't done a full refresh at all, to conserve battery life.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur

When mine comes out of sleep mode, the page turn totally black, before showing your current page, I thought that was a full refresh?

John.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I don't know about yours, but I do know mine does partial refresh after sleep mode, and that is why text is faint until I actually turn a page. No problem after that. I wish actualyl that it did the full refresh upon being turned on, but the default doesn't. It does still flash to black to sorta clear the sleep mode image and such, but if it were a full refresh we wouldn't have that kind of ghosting/faint text problem.

Last edited by seajewel; 01-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur

I have adjusted the text, using the adjust view setting, i used custom, and now the first sleep mode page is slightly darker, though it the letters are still thinner, it looks better to my eye`s

John.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Mine does that too. I thought it was normal. Does anyone have a T1 that isn't slightly faded coming out of sleep mode?
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur

You would think Sony would know about this problem, it should be easy to fix with an update?

John.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #9
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
My T1 shows the same thing. Maybe a little less so with the update, but I am not altogether sure. If it intends to save battery life by not refreshing fully and then you need two additional page turns to read the original one properly (which I always end up doing), the battery you save is actually the battery you waste. Makes no sense to me. I think it is just a bug.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote