Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 01:20 AM   #76
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Got my Oberon case today. I ordered a plain leather cover from amazon along with my Fire on the launch date, but then I got an email from Oberon that they were shipping Kindle Fire covers on the 20th. I wasn't going to bite, as they are a little pricey, but when I saw I could get a purple (my favorite color) paisly (my favorite pattern) one, I bit.

It came today. I like the design, pretty similar to all their kindle covers (I had two for my K2, because purple was a late edition to the line). The only thing I don't like it the longer cord for setting it up on a table, etc for viewing - it kind of hangs out, and looks kind of unfinished. It works fine, but it needs to retract or something when you are done with it. Since I don't ever plan to take my Fire out of the case, it was hard to get it out of site again.

So, was it worth $80? Yes. Because it is purple, it is paisly, and it has nice leather and a cool closure on the front.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #77
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
I'm currently using one of the Barnes & Noble cover that I purchased for my nook 1e. There's a little space available in the bottom for centering the device better but the Kindle Fire doesn't move at all in the case unless I remove the straps from the top. The straps are tight. It works great.

I might try a cover with a stand later.

ETA: Here's a photo for those interested in seeing how it fits.

Last edited by anijh; 11-24-2011 at 08:44 AM.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #78
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

it's sh*t!

I'm going naked.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #79
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

it's sh*t!

I'm going naked.
I'm still waiting on this one as well. Five star reviews from 18 folks so far. Sounds like very good quality for the money.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #80
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I'm still waiting on this one as well. Five star reviews from 18 folks so far. Sounds like very good quality for the money.
Quality IS good. The thickness/size and difficult in getting to the on/off button and the edges of the screen (due to the thickness) are what doesn't work for me.
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #81
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I bought a sleeve by "M Edge" on sale at BB for $10. It's nothing fancy but well made and does the job just fine.

It is a heavy device compared to my Sony T1. I don't want to add to its' weight by adding a heavy book type cover to it.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #82
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I noticed alot of false reviews showing up for Fire accessories from this company. So keep that in mind before purchasing. I would stay away from this company though because I saw them do this with the cover I bought then hike up the price.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-24-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #83
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I noticed alot of false reviews showing up for Fire accessories from this company. So keep that in mind before purchasing. I would stay away from this company though because I saw them do this with the cover I bought then hike up the price.
Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was odd Kenny has a problem with the fit, yet the reviews say otherwise. Glad I only paid 7 and change plus shipping.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #84
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was odd Kenny has a problem with the fit, yet the reviews say otherwise. Glad I only paid 7 and change plus shipping.
I'd say that is a good price to pay for it. As you can see they've hiked up the price again. I wouldn't pay $10 total for their cases. They are not made to last.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #85
kennyc

Quote:
Yep, that's the price I got it at, so wasn't expecting much and I got it.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #86
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengar View Post
Im looking at these from rooCASE. Looks pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Dual-V...1641634&sr=1-4
I ordered one of these and it hasn't come yet. They sent me an email on 11/16 that it had shipped and nothing. I've already sent them an email through Amazon.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I ordered one of these and it hasn't come yet. They sent me an email on 11/16 that it had shipped and nothing. I've already sent them an email through Amazon.
No tracking number? If you ordered from Amazon you should have a tracking number in your Open Orders under your Account.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #88
sewnlady
sewnlady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I found a cover that was under $10 and I have used it for a couple of days and it seems to be great. I was more concerned with protection and utility rather than style. It only comes in Black as far as I know. I compared the case for the Fire with the one for the regular Kindle and they are exactly the same size. I have made some patterns for the cover and plan to make some and see how they work. If I do I plan to sell them for a very reasonable amount.
sewnlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #89
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

If any one comes across a easel type case like the Marware Eco-Flip case I have for my K4, please let me know. I'm not looking for a stand type case just something I could flip back and hold one handed. It seem every case is made for landscape or is book like.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #90
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Anyone got a line on freestanding Kindle Fire stands? (not incorporated into a case)

My brother and I got the marware ceo model case at launch and spent some time looking around for stand-style cases that do both portrait and landscape. Neither of us has found anything that seems worth giving up the marware landscape-view-only model because it keeps growing on us. My question is... does anyone have information about non-case stands that might work well with a kindle fire that already has a case?

I think if I ever do replace this marware case it will probably be for one of the several beautiful custom leather case options I've seen posted from Oberon Designs or Joe V.'s store on Etsy, or something like that. I don't think I would go that route unless I had found a good stand option since the really high end leather models don't appear to provide much in the way of stand capability.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote