Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
Bungawunga
Bungawunga began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Issue with Chapters

I'm having some problems with Chapters using Sigil and exporting to my iPad.

I have a long text that I divided in chapters using Chapter Break on Sigil. That created a lot of files under Text Folder : Section0001, Section0002, and so.

When I transfer the book to the iPad and open it in iBooks, something strange happens. Although it can identify the end of the chapter (chapter 2 starts in a new page, and so on), it cannot identify in which page the chapter ends. The page count in the bottom shows "245 pages left in this chapter", and that's the full book. The same error appear in TOC - it shows all the chapters, but does not show the page number besides it.

Can anyone help me with that?

Sorry for my english, I hope I made myself clear.

Bunga.
Bungawunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungawunga View Post
I'm having some problems with Chapters using Sigil and exporting to my iPad.

I have a long text that I divided in chapters using Chapter Break on Sigil. That created a lot of files under Text Folder : Section0001, Section0002, and so.

When I transfer the book to the iPad and open it in iBooks, something strange happens. Although it can identify the end of the chapter (chapter 2 starts in a new page, and so on), it cannot identify in which page the chapter ends. The page count in the bottom shows "245 pages left in this chapter", and that's the full book. The same error appear in TOC - it shows all the chapters, but does not show the page number besides it.

Can anyone help me with that?
Sorry for my english, I hope I made myself clear.

Bunga.

Paper pages and EPUB (sort of) pages are different.
In a paper book, the phrase "tat girl...." will always be exactly in the same place (on the page, too).
on a e-reader you have a screeen, a Zoom setting and maybe a type-face change) option. What's on screen 42 this time, may be on screen 39 next time, with the above settings changes. You don't need no stinking page numbers . YOU HAVE Links and ANCHORS!

The page number you see, was an estimate (1024 chars per EPUB page) of where it fall at the original screen display settings . It does not do well at re-figuring the page count upon a screen setting zoom change.

IMHO Percent read would be slightly better, but even that has accuracy issues
I had one book, where the (last)page number kept getting bigger as I neared it. In the end, it gained over 100 pages by the time I reached the end of the book (I was still new to e-readers then and did not look at the under-layang code to see what gave )
Bottom line. mostly ignore page numbers.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Of course it could be something strange in iBooks. It is know to have some strange quirks.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote