Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #16
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Try the Philadelphia library. If you're not a resident of PA it's $15/year for unlimited downloads, up to 10 books at a time. They do expire after 21 days, but if no one else is waiting for the book you can check it out again.

-Marcy

I keep asking them to remail my library card, and I have still yet to recieve it after, well 4 months. May walk to the Independance branch at lunch today.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc2 View Post
I signed up for the DC library a while back and got a card number via e-mail but supposedly I had 30 days to go to my local DC branch and show proof of residency (I live in Milwaukee). There is mention of a non-resident option but no application form that I can find. Update - I just logged into the D.C. library site with the temp number and PIN I got 6 months ago so I'm guessing they're not too strict about this.
I just did the same thing. They emailed me a working temporary card and PIN, even though I gave my real address in Nevada. I emailed them asking how to pay their fee, since I'm happy to support the library in exchange for taking out ebooks.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #18
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Check is your local library partners with overdrive.com. They specialize in audiobooks, but just started carrying ebooks.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #19
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I went to DC library in person to pick up the card. I'm wondering if it's the PIN that expires. You don't need the PIN to download though. You probably need it for putting holds on hard copy books etc. though.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote