Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
reader on android that looks like ibooks?

Hi there,

I just have to ask ...

is there an ebook reader for android tablets that looks like ibooks?

especially the "looks like an open book showing both sides in landscape" ibooks? and the animation of a folding paper when flipping pages?
and a nice looking bookshelf to show off my covers?

I really do not like apple - and I dream about getting an adroid tablet - but I really really want a nice looking reader app - and ibooks so far has been the best looking one I have seen ...

if there are nice looking "two booksides in landscape" readers out there - could you show pictures?

Thank you
Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Sorry you did not get an answer. Aldiko, cool reader are good options. If you google aldiko, you will find tons of infos and pics, it is a very good app and has a nice "I'm reading a real book" option.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Sorry you did not get an answer. Aldiko, cool reader are good options. If you google aldiko, you will find tons of infos and pics, it is a very good app and has a nice "I'm reading a real book" option.
Thank you very much for your help!

I just googled and found some info all right -- will have to kepp my eyes open for those apps and if they are improved ... everyone seems to have something missing

But since I only dream about an android tab at the moment ... I have time to wait and see

What I find really interesting is that so few developers show pictures how their apps look on the big tabs -- they mostly seem to show off on phones ...
Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
I have a Galaxy Tab that I have been doing a bit of reading on.

The default pre-installed reader opens with library shelves that look exactly like what I have seen on iPads. It also does landscape, with 2 pages and yes, does, the animated flip of pages. However, I don't like it. Books take around 5-10 seconds to open up.

Cool Reader is quite nice, with a ton of options, including different textured backgrounds. Opens pretty fast and I do like it. Does not appear to do landscape with 2 pages though, but it does a bunch of pageflip animations.

My fave though is FBReader. Super fast to open, lots of settings/options and is a no muss no fuss reader. Again, not sure about the landscape stuff as I don't like reading that way on the portrait oriented Tab.

Need to check out Aldiko though - lots of good feedback on that thing.

hth, FWIW,
-les
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote