Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #61
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
she dumped you !!!!
I prayed every day for that, oh did I pray!!! There's only so much "Waterloo" a man can take before he goes insane
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #62
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
their music is more than just Waterloo ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #63
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I prayed every day for that, oh did I pray!!! There's only so much "Waterloo" a man can take before he goes insane
sing it, brotha !! (and no, i DON'T mean "sing waterloo" !!!!!!)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #64
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
their music is more than just Waterloo ....
Yes, so much more, like Chinese Water Torture is so much more than a shower
Old 05-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Yes, so much more, like Chinese Water Torture is so much more than a shower
amen !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #66
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
:sighs:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #67
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
:sighs:
Oh crap, I brought this thread right down in the doldrums didn't I? Oh well, as a conciliatory gesture, and despite my own musical leanings, here, for all the Abba fans is a short and joyously celebratory music video

Enjoy!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #68
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I have never made a scone, but I love to eat them. Do you want to share the recipe or is it a family secret?
Kaz
Drop scones: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=51

Traditional scones: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=52 - I currently have two racks of scones (cheese, fruit and sweet plain) cooling in the kitchen
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #69
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Something like this, perhaps?

Okay, okay -- have fun watching Steven Seagal tonight! Do you have a favourite film?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #70
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post

Okay, okay -- have fun watching Steven Seagal tonight! Do you have a favourite film?
LOL I don't actually like Stephen Seagal films, I just like the unintended comedy of it all. He's so poe-faced and serious and yet so ridiculous, and all of his films are exactly the same. EX-somebody or other out for revenge when someone close is killed, kidnapped, threatened. Although saying all that, I do watch every single straight-to-dvd Seagal film, just to see if they can get any worse
Old 05-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #71
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
LOL I don't actually like Stephen Seagal films, I just like the unintended comedy of it all. He's so poe-faced and serious and yet so ridiculous, and all of his films are exactly the same. EX-somebody or other out for revenge when someone close is killed, kidnapped, threatened. Although saying all that, I do watch every single straight-to-dvd Seagal film, just to see if they can get any worse
phew, glad to hear it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #72
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I seem to remember hearing back when they first came out (yes, sigh, I remember it), they didn't speak English and had to learn all their songs phonetically.

I wonder if that was true, or just typical hype...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #73
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I'm almost sorry I spent the day with my family, celebrating (since that was the intention of this thread ) Mother's day! I missed some very funny postings!!

Three things:
1. Am, thank you, thank you, thank you for the scone recipes! We try to have brunch on Sundays and I will definitely give one of them a try for next week!

2. You really had to grow up in the 70's to truly appreciate ABBA. I'm not saying I was a BIG fan, but I do, sort of kinda, know all (no, no, I mean some) of the lyrics! In my defense, I am a singer and lyrics just seem to stick in my head. Uh, yeah, that sounds good! Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

3. Why is it only Mother's day in the U.S.? Even if every country has it's own Mother's day, I think we should celebrate mothers on each of those days (and no, it's not because I think I should get gifts on all the other mom's days - sheesh, people, don't you have any faith in me ). My own sainted mother is still around to keep my in line and I am grateful every single day for that!

So, on that note:

To all you moms, no matter where you live

Happy Mother's Day!

Kaz

Last edited by kazbates; 05-10-2009 at 10:18 PM.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #74
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i've been wondering myself...
Zelda, an IEP stands for "Individualized Education Plan". We teachers use them for students who need a little extra help (sort of like remediation). It's amazing the different acronyms you encounter when you talk to people in various employment fields!

Hey, that could be another thread!! Oh no, I'm starting to see new thread topics everywhere I turn. This is not good! Maybe they have a twelve step program I can get into!

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #75
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
2. You really had to grow up in the 70's to truly appreciate ABBA. I'm not saying I was a BIG fan, but I do, sort of kinda, know all (no, no, I mean some) of the lyrics! In my defense, I am a singer and lyrics just seem to stick in my head. Uh, yeah, that sounds good! Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
My (actually "our", with my sister) first album, as bought for us by mum and dad(*), was ABBA's Arrival. Me, my sister, and the similarly aged brother-and-sister duo from over the road used to turn it up and and pretend we were ABBA. I was always the one we tended to call "monkey-man" (Björn). I think I was about 6 at the time.

There's probably a connection between this and a favourite movie of mine, Muriel's Wedding.

(* The first album I bought for myself was Devo's Freedom of Choice)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote