Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
The VOX isn't fun any more. I want to throw it against the wall.

Before the update a while back that caused the sleep of death problem the Vox was a fun device. Pick it up, log in and do whatever I want. Instant on. Now with the sleep of death happening whenever I set it down for a while I have to waste my time booting the device.

So now I turn off the device and now I have to wait to reboot it. Although I do forget occasionally and sure enough I get the sleep of death problem.

I can not recommend the Vox to anyone.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I just set it down and wanted to retry the download just now. Yup, I entered the movement password and it's locked up.
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist

And locked again. It was displaying the finger signon screen but non responsive. Turned off this time.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
If you have sleep of death you need to set wifi sleep policy to never and leave wifi on. Either that or power the unit off between uses.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Strange, the update cured SOD for me...
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
TonyToews
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
If you have sleep of death you need to set wifi sleep policy to never and leave wifi on. Either that or power the unit off between uses.
Oh, I have to leave it on? I didn't realize that. Or maybe I did and I forgot. Lately I've been ensuring I turn that off.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
Strange, the update cured SOD for me...
I can't download the latest update as it consistently fails at 40%
Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
I can't download the latest update as it consistently fails at 40%
Quite a few are having this problem. Whatever yiu do do not factory reset. I did and now cannot complete setup as the upgrade still times out at around 40%.

I am still trying to get a response from Kobo and will post if I get it working : )
unifaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
uni - just keep retrying the download. It took me what seemed a long time but persistence won in the end. It shouldn't be this way though - I'm afraid I have to tell people not to buy this thing due to too many annoying issues
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #10
TonyToews
Evangelist

I tried the update many times. Once it moved to 46% and then failed. I tried the sideload update a week ago but it failed. The latest update didn't take once but upon sideloading it a 2nd time it did do the update. So I'm happier.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #11
TonyToews
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
I've been leaving the Wifi on although plugged in unless I'm using it. So now more SOD issues there. Now I'll leave it unplugged for a while and see if SOD is fixed once and for all for me.