Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Mary_Anna
Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mary_Anna knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Not yet, looking at the Nook.
Smile A couple of MobileRead forumites, thinking out loud...

Simon Wood (aka Simon Janus), who I know I've seen skulking around here, and I are part of a group blog called The LadyKillers. (Simon is our token gent.) We're all mystery writers, and we hold forth daily on topics of interest to readers and writers alike.

This week's topic is "Sidekicks," a subject that's likely dear to many folks here, since readers love them and wise writers spend a great deal of time crafting an effective foil for their main character. My character Faye's best friend is six-foot-six and built like the Creek warrior that he is. He's blessed with sharp sea-green eyes, a long black ponytail, and preternatural hunting skills that don't always do him much good in 21st-century America. But Faye loves him for his beautiful soul. Really.

Hop on over to The Ladykillers, where Simon and I and eleven of our dearest friends are hosting a contest to win lots of books and other fabulous freebies: http://theladykillers.typepad.com/the_lady_killers/

Then skip over to my personal blog, "It's Like Making Sausage: Sometimes you really don't want to know how books are made" at http://maryannaevans.blogspot.com/, where I hold forth on my publishing experiences, including becoming an ebook publisher...and I give a clue that puts you one step closer to being a winner of that contest over at The LadyKillers...

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
Author of WOUNDED EARTH, available as an ebook, and the Faye Longchamp mysteries, available in print and on audio
Mary_Anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, contest, mary anna evans, mystery, thriller