Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
eBook Reader PDF Capabilities

Prompted by mtravellerh's comprehensive review of PDF reading in Pocketbook 360 test diary, I have added eBook Reader PDF Capabilities to the wiki's PDF page. This is a list of capabilities that exist in at least one EInk PDF Reader. I have also started to update the E-book Reader Matrix with a "PDF Capabilities" row that lists the capabilities of each device. So far I have entered four 5" devices, but I only own one of them so there could be inaccuracies. For example, I don't know if the PRS-300, Opus or 360° support PDFs with passwords. I have also entered a few 6" and larger devices.

Please add additional capabilities and fill in device tables in the wiki, or post them here and I will add them.

Note that I am not trying to exclude LCD devices, it would be a good idea to add the same row to the LCD E-Book Reader Matrix and update the Capabilities table with any LCD-specific features.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
AnniJM
AnniJM began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre eBook Reader
I have an Aluratek Libre eBook Reader and just today I downloaded brand new firmware that converts a pdf eBook or a conventional pdf file to an easily readable format. The text reflows and the font size can be zoomed for the comfort of the reader. It is an elegant application, works like a charm, and meets my needs perfectly. I investigated many eReaders before purchasing, because my main need was for the pdf reading capability - I have found my answer and I love it! I have well over 100 downloaded eBooks from various sources (including courses etc) and I have printed out several of them in order to have portability. However, printing so many pages is expensive, not good for the environment, and weighty when taking them on travels. I could use my laptop, but it is not as easy to read, nor as portable as my Aluratek Libre eBook Reader. This reader is very well priced and comes with an SD card containing 100 books, classics and other well-known 're-reads' and 'I-should-have' reads. These books alone are worth the price of the reader even if you never download anything else. This company is a dream to work with, and extremely responsive regarding this development. I can see a number of applications for this pdf capability, and I heartily recommend the Aluratek Libre eBook Reader.
AnniJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
hamfitz
Enthusiast
hamfitz began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre, sony prs 650, nook
hi just wondering if you downloaded a firmware upgrade from the company aluratek or if you are using a program.
hamfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Aluratek looks like a re-branded Jetbook.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
hamfitz
Enthusiast
hamfitz began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre, sony prs 650, nook
can confirm annijm post. aluratek website has new firmware for libre under drivers. supports pdf reflow and supposedly adobe digital. i haven't tried it out fully but pdf reflow works so far.
hamfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The Aluratek looks like a re-branded Jetbook.
It is not, although they both have the same hardware. The firmware is different. check our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #7
AnniJM
AnniJM began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre eBook Reader
Yes, the firmware is from Aluratek - development just completed. I downloaded it a couple of days ago and it works perfectly so far.
AnniJM is offline   Reply With Quote