Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #1
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
I am so glad to find this forum

I've been working all morning trying to figure out how to transfer my ebooks from Calibre to my Nook Table wirelessly.

I wasn't sure where to post this so if someone could help me with that first, I would so appreciate it

My name is Denise, my username is from one of my fave movies "Young Frankenstein" but sometimes I do feel abnormal, LOL I do love to read, and my Nook Tablet is about 3 years old. It works great, but recently I've found Overdrive to use on it, and love getting library books easily. I also (due to lot a lot of finances to "buy" books) have found many, freebies on Barnes & Noble. Now I find through "Goodreads.com" Amazon has lots of freebies, but they needed converting which I handled that with Calibre.

Anyway, I'm just glad to be with other "possibly" crazed readers like myself

Thanks in advance for any direction, Denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Hi abbynormal52, welcome to Mobileread (which is a very addictive place to hang out!).

You've got a very resonable question and my guess is that one of the moderators will move it to the Calibre forum (or maybe not!). You'll find the Calibre forum if you keep looking down the main forums listing page.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2015, 06:58 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to Mobileread.

The GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM is just that: a place for general discussion.

Your thread has now been moved to the CALIBRE FORUM, since that is the place where discussion is on calibre.

Please take the time to look around our forum and become familiar with it.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@abbynormal52,
If you have full access to all the Android apps on Google Play then there's nothing better than Calibre Companion for seamless wi-fi interface between calibre on your PC and Android device. There's a free demo version (all functionality but limited to 20 books only) if you need to try it out before purchase.

There's also a dedicated MobileRead subforum if you need help.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:58 PM   #5
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Hi abbynormal52, welcome to Mobileread (which is a very addictive place to hang out!).

You've got a very resonable question and my guess is that one of the moderators will move it to the Calibre forum (or maybe not!). You'll find the Calibre forum if you keep looking down the main forums listing page.
Oh that's great! No, I didn't go far enough down, thank you Lynx, I hope they do move it there because I plan to use Calibre, if it turns out it is the easiest way to manage my libraries

Thank you for the welcome, I never thought I would get so into reading but at 62, and a total lack of interest in TV anymore, I love books

Denise
Advert
Old 03-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #6
abbynormal52
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Welcome to Mobileread.

The GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM is just that: a place for general discussion.

Your thread has now been moved to the CALIBRE FORUM, since that is the place where discussion is on calibre.

Please take the time to look around our forum and become familiar with it.

Don
(Moderator)
Great, Thank you Don, I'll learn the ropes. I got in a hurry to find someone to help as I was pulling out my hair, but I think I am a bit compulsive.

Thanks again, Denise
Old 03-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #7
abbynormal52
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@abbynormal52,
If you have full access to all the Android apps on Google Play then there's nothing better than Calibre Companion for seamless wi-fi interface between calibre on your PC and Android device. There's a free demo version (all functionality but limited to 20 books only) if you need to try it out before purchase.

There's also a dedicated MobileRead subforum if you need help.
Ok Jackie, what I have is the Calibre 2.20.0. This one if free, but it is hard to understand the steps to connecting Wifi between my Nook and laptop. Ok, I'll see what I can find for directions on that, again, and also check out the other Calibre software, Thank you Jackie denise
Old 03-20-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

abbynormal52 there's a thread in the Freebies section that I want to draw your attention to: the Kobo Discounts: Coupon Codes + Discussion thread. Here's a link to page 1 of the thread, but after you've read the first post move along to the last few pages and read those to try and get a feel for that thread. I can assure you that it's worth your while working out how to get and use discounts when purchasing epubs through the Kobo store. And yes you can read Kobo epubs on your Nook device.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115233

A (usually) monthly Kobo Contest has just started, so you may want to play that as well.

Ask any questions about discounts, how to use them etc and the Contests in that thread. You'll find we're all very helpful.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 03-20-2015 at 06:50 PM. Reason: to add the link (which I forgot to do!)
Old 03-28-2015, 10:31 PM   #9
abbynormal52
Groupie

Ok Lynx,

Took me awhile to get back as I had to restore my laptop to Factory Settings. But for 3 days I was trying to fix what was wrong, whatever that was lol

Thank you for the link!! Denise
Old 03-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #10
abbynormal52
Groupie

Ok, had to make sure I was in the right thread to post this question. For example, I have found a book I would love to buy at Amazon for a kindle, but I have a Nook Tablet. I downloaded Calibre because it said it could convert Kindles to Nook epubs.

Thing is, I am not finding all I need, because I need something from the time I purchase the book from Amazon, and from Amazon, I have to get it into Calibre, and convert it, then get it to my Nook. I tried all of this when I signed up here the other day, I mean before I found you guys.

So there is a book for 99 cents, and it's one of my fave mysteries, but at B&N it costs 5.99. Hope I am making sense. Maybe what I want to do is not possible. Thanks in advance for any feedback Denise
Old 03-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #11
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

There are a few things that you need to do to be able to read the books you want to read on the device of choice.

You'll need to download Amazon's Kindle for PC which you'll find a link to on their website in the Kindle ebooks section, probably on the right hand hand side of any book page and above, or in the region of, the price and download options.

You'll also need to google apprentice alf, and download the de drm tools.

In that forum you can ask any questions you have and you are likely to be answered promptly and politely.

You will find a very good section on the Alf site as to how to install the tools into Calibre (which you will need to do).

After you've bought the kindle book, and it's been downloaded to K4PC then you can import it into Calibre and change the format to epub, then transfer it to the device of your choice.

See how you go.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 03-28-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Tags
output, share, transfer, wifi